Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - Roger Darthwell - 30-06-2023

(30-06-2023, 12:05 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  It's a shame they phased out the Sunrise name. Because we've now got BBC Breakfast, GBN Breakfast and now Sky Breakfast, there really needs to be more variety.

That was one of the weirdest decisions that Sky has made in recent years.....alongside axing Sky One

RE: Sky News - Craigwills - 30-06-2023

Have to agree with the amount of shows called breakfast it really lacks any creativity. Sunrise name should have been kept and at least should have been kept for the weekends, as that format never changed! This would have been a great opportunity to have Kay’s show a ‘more individual’ name, but seems not to be the case.

I wonder if Sarah-Jane’s slot will change much? Perhaps a decent decision to have the daytime strands branded the same, rather than creating different names but not actually having a different format.

Interesting that Wilfred Frost is suggested as a new ’weekday’ presenter, obviously not wanting to speculate on others situations but there’s a couple others who could have also been given a regular slot too. Who’s presenting the Early Rundown at the moment, since Kamali has been and looks to be continuing on Sky News Tonight?

RE: Sky News - SB678 - 30-06-2023

The Early Rundown hasn't had a consistent presenter for a while. Frequently I see it presented by overnight presenters like Vanessa Baffoe, Nick Quraishi and Leah Boleto, but I've also seen it presented by Anna Jones on some occasions. Even before the Sky News Tonight situation, Kamali was covering for other presenters so I wonder if they'll actually bother to choose a regular presenter for The Early Rundown.

RE: Sky News - ginnyfan - 01-07-2023

What is Anna Jones doing these days? Why are so many newbies getting regular slots over this experienced veteran???

RE: Sky News - Gibsy - 01-07-2023

Doesn’t she present Friday to Sunday breakfast?

RE: Sky News - ginnyfan - 02-07-2023

I wouldn't know. I know she was taken off her long standing Friday-Sunday late evening slot to do a silly 30 minute climate show.

RE: Sky News - Stuart - 02-07-2023

(30-06-2023, 11:21 AM)snowflake11 Wrote:  They also seem to have dropped the titles "Kay Burley" and "Ian King Live" in favour of "Breakfast with Kay Burley" and "Busines Live with Ian King".
I have never favoured programmes with the presenter's name in the title. It's simply unnecessary.  We are watching because of the content of the programme.  It takes many people to make a programme.

Perhaps broadcasters think it's a 'pull factor', but it really isn't IMHO.

It's almost as annoying as when I see films advertised as "from the maker/director/producer of xxx".  It's a different film, it will be judged on its individual merits.

RE: Sky News - ginnyfan - 02-07-2023

Using a presenter's name only for a slot was always a ridiculous idea. Tune into Kay Burley to find out all the latest, sounds grotesque, to say the least....

RE: Sky News - Brekkie - 02-07-2023

Although I prefer brands I get using the name for long established presenters - makes more sense to do it with Kay Burley than Sarah Jayne Mee. That said Sunrise certainly should have been kept as a brand, along with Live at 5.

Elsewhere I guess there is an argument news channels run in a similar way to radio with largely similar content across the day, so the presenter is the differentiating factor - and in that sense having somebody else presenting a show branded under someone elses name when they're off isn't the biggest issue, even if it is annoying.

RE: Sky News - Pips2022 - 02-07-2023

Just all a bit limp tbh, especially as GBN is now beating them across the day more regularly