Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - all new phil - 03-08-2023

Jayne Secker thanked us for watching “Sunrise” as she signed off just before 10 today. How long since it was called that?

RE: Sky News - watchingtv - 03-08-2023

(03-08-2023, 10:05 AM)all new phil Wrote:  Jayne Secker thanked us for watching “Sunrise” as she signed off just before 10 today. How long since it was called that?

[color=#000000][size=1][font=Times New Roman]https://twitter.com/Jaggy2409/status/1687142849811292176?s=20[/font][/size][/color]

RE: Sky News - Former Member 237 - 03-08-2023

Wow could have fooled me, looks like its in the US.

RE: Sky News - fusionlad - 03-08-2023

(03-08-2023, 06:12 PM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  Wow could have fooled me, looks like its in the US.

Huh?

RE: Sky News - Spencer - 03-08-2023

It still seems an odd move that they changed a name very much associated with Sky News (that they were so protective of at one point that they forced the winner of the ITV Breakfast franchise to change its name from Sunrise to GMTV) to the same name as a rival’s programme. And now GB News also has Breakfast, it would really make a lot of sense to revive the Sunrise name to at least give Sky a bit of individuality again.

RE: Sky News - Gibsy - 03-08-2023

Stay tuned 😉 Stranger things have happened

RE: Sky News - thomalex - 03-08-2023

Such an easy win for Sky to bring back the Sunrise name

RE: Sky News - ginnyfan - 03-08-2023

(03-08-2023, 07:25 PM)Spencer Wrote:  It still seems an odd move that they changed a name very much associated with Sky News (that they were so protective of at one point that they forced the winner of the ITV Breakfast franchise to change its name from Sunrise to GMTV) to the same name as a rival’s programme. And now GB News also has Breakfast, it would really make a lot of sense to revive the Sunrise name to at least give Sky a bit of individuality again.

Worst decision ever. Also using presenter's names for slots is silly on a proper news channel like Sky. It's not opinion host programming, it's rolling news.

RE: Sky News - Stuart - 04-08-2023

(03-08-2023, 11:33 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Worst decision ever. Also using presenter's names for slots is silly on a proper news channel like Sky. It's not opinion host programming, it's rolling news.
It harks back to the previous attempt at 'appointment to view' programmes which I think they tried around 2005. That was abandoned for a reason, so why try the same again?

I'm never a fan of any programme title which includes the name of the presenter as a suffix, it reeks of ego on the part of the talent, even if it's not their suggestion.

Obviously if the actual title of the show is the name of the presenter (eg The Andrew Neil Show) then that's different.

It's just completely unnecessary on anything else, and especially for bulletins on a rolling news channel. Confused

RE: Sky News - TheRealWB - 04-08-2023

(04-08-2023, 07:21 AM)Stuart Wrote:  It harks back to the previous attempt at 'appointment to view' programmes which I think they tried around 2005. That was abandoned for a reason, so why try the same again?

I'm never a fan of any programme title which includes the name of the presenter as a suffix, it reeks of ego on the part of the talent, even if it's not their suggestion. 

Obviously if the actual title of the show is the name of the presenter (eg The Andrew Neil Show) then that's different.

It's just completely unnecessary on anything else, and especially for bulletins on a rolling news channel. Confused

It's especially weird when you get presenters covering when someone takes time off but they still keep the name of the programme so you get oddities like "you're watching The Sarah-Jane Mee Show with Jayne Secker'.

It happens loads on the radio when someone is filling in and is a real bugbear of mine!