Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - AJB39 - 24-08-2023

(24-08-2023, 04:05 PM)jaycee331 Wrote:  Well stone me.  After Press Preview going from a must-watch, to hard avoid because they couldn't drop their addiction to remote guests after the pandemic, I've channel hopped by a couple of times this week and I was pleased to see they actually had physical guests back in the glass box.

Anyone notice when this changed and if it's for keeps?

Guests began appearing in studio several weeks ago.

RE: Sky News - telleyhead - 24-08-2023

Probably due to BBC dropping their papers show, and First Edition on TalkTV always having their reviews in-studio.

RE: Sky News - leewilliams - 25-08-2023

Don’t like to be unfairly critical of people but does anybody else find Wilfred Frost a really hard watch? He is the definition of a news robot - there is absolutely zero personality there and I don’t think I’ve ever seen even the hint of a smile.

RE: Sky News - excel99 - 26-08-2023

Don't think this has been mentioned yet, but Sky now use 'The News Hour' branding at weekends at 1700 (not sure about 1800). It's a straight forward hour of news weekday and weekends so a logical move IMO

Back in the day, Live at Five was a 7 day a week brand as well

RE: Sky News - DTV - 26-08-2023

(26-08-2023, 05:35 PM)excel99 Wrote:  Don't think this has been mentioned yet, but Sky now use 'The News Hour' branding at weekends at 1700 (not sure about 1800). It's a straight forward hour of news weekday and weekends so a logical move IMO

Good to see - you don't get enough effort from news channels at weekends, despite it being, in the UK at least, some of their best performing slots. Over the years, both have done a few seven-day stripped things, but it's an exception rather than a rule and it's still rarely parity with the weekday equivalents. Though, to Sky's credit, they do at least try for news most of the day, in contrast to the BBC insisting on cycling through an ever-thinning number of pre-records unless they absolutely have to interrupt them.

RE: Sky News - LHA27 - 26-08-2023

Kimberley Leonard has announced on Twitter that she is leaving Sky News, her last shift being on Monday

RE: Sky News - AJB39 - 26-08-2023

(26-08-2023, 05:35 PM)excel99 Wrote:  Don't think this has been mentioned yet, but Sky now use 'The News Hour' branding at weekends at 1700 (not sure about 1800). It's a straight forward hour of news weekday and weekends so a logical move IMO

They should just change the name back to Live at Five in my opinion.

RE: Sky News - SB678 - 26-08-2023

Nick Quraishi used to always say "these are the headlines Live at Five" when presenting on weekends, I guess he can't do that any more.

RE: Sky News - all new phil - 26-08-2023

(26-08-2023, 08:16 PM)LHA27 Wrote:  Kimberley Leonard has announced on Twitter that she is leaving Sky News, her last shift being on Monday

Shame. Great presenter who really knows her stuff. Could see her fitting in easily at the BBC on something like Newsnight.

RE: Sky News - Reith85 - 26-08-2023

I can't see Kimberley Leonard going to the BBC, given BBC News is currently in the process of firing rather than hiring, and shedding staff left, right and centre.