Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - SB678 - 05-09-2023

Didn't see this posted yesterday but the Sky News Tonight background is currently being reused for the 8/9pm slot.

RE: Sky News - AllanTheScot - 05-09-2023

I wondered last night if it was a flash set up as it stayed in that static shot till News at 10.

Was thinking maybe the glass box was in testing mode for Yalda and Sarah-janes new shows.

RE: Sky News - Stuart - 05-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 09:53 PM)steve Wrote:  Sophy is really good, isn’t she - natural warmth but forensically brutal. Very much of the Frost-esque approach where it may seem affable and friendly, but there’s a killer question coming.
I agree.  She seems so friendly, but has a set of knuckle dusters in her handbag. Tongue

RE: Sky News - Juicy Joe - 06-09-2023

Is it me or is Sky zooming in on the presenters, more close up shots being used?

Connews - Connews - 06-09-2023

(06-09-2023, 07:10 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Is it me or is Sky zooming in on the presenters, more close up shots being used?

I noticed that!

RE: Sky News - RJLD24 - 06-09-2023

(06-09-2023, 07:10 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Is it me or is Sky zooming in on the presenters, more close up shots being used?

Definitely! You especially notice it during Sky News Today and the former SJM slot where we're used to wide shots which include the big screen. I think they've probably gone too much the other way are slightly too zoomed in for my liking.

RE: Sky News - ginnyfan - 06-09-2023

Inspired by BBC News' amazing new look? Confused

RE: Sky News - blue_dust - 06-09-2023

So Yalda´s international show has not launched yet, seems to be a gradual schedule change then, is this new show meant to be at 9pm? So one hour of Sky News Tonight will stay? Because I fear that the show will be terminated in order to make space for the new show. Yet definitely it won't come from Westminster anymore with the Politics Hub one hour prior to it? Just to say I really like the SNT backdrop behind Anna, finally an appropriate background after all these years of a plain blue video wall background during these news hours.

RE: Sky News - Connews - 06-09-2023

I think the zooming in might be a nod to people watching on their phones.

RE: Sky News - harryb - 06-09-2023

(06-09-2023, 08:12 PM)blue_dust Wrote:  So Yalda´s international show has not launched yet, seems to be a gradual schedule change then, is this new show meant to be at 9pm? So one hour of Sky News Tonight will stay? Because I fear that the show will be terminated in order to make space for the new show. Yet definitely it won't come from Westminster anymore with the Politics Hub one hour prior to it? Just to say I really like the SNT backdrop behind Anna, finally an appropriate background after all these years of a plain blue video wall background during these news hours.

I believe it isn’t staying as Sarah Jane Mee will launch her new show in the PM too. Unsure of the order but it will be three one hour slots. One hour of Sarah Jane, one hour of Sophy and one hour of Yalda.