Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - freeview87 - 20-11-2023

We also have the election next year so that studio will be front and centre in the lead up to it.

RE: Sky News - lhx1985 - 20-11-2023

(20-11-2023, 10:42 AM)Gibsy Wrote:  Kay Burley has mentioned on her Instagram “Excuse the dust, it’s a secret but it’ll be worth it when all the work is done”

Looking at the video on threads, it looks to me alot like they are fitting LED videowall panels to the three pillars that would be in shot from the glass-sided wall of the studio.

Pillar one looks to have some modules in, under construction. Pillar two looks complete but powered off and pillar three looks just like the framing for the panels.

RE: Sky News - freeaxe - 21-11-2023

Looks like some pretty substantial renovations, the whole ceiling is gone.

RE: Sky News - fusionlad - 21-11-2023

Sky News 'broadcasting' 2 feeds, the main channel showing the Covid Inquiry, and with the QR code linking to an online feed of Ian King Live.

RE: Sky News - mouseboy33 - 21-11-2023

(20-11-2023, 05:26 PM)lhx1985 Wrote:  Looking at the video on threads, it looks to me alot like they are fitting LED videowall panels to the three pillars that would be in shot from the glass-sided wall of the studio.

Pillar one looks to have some modules in, under construction. Pillar two looks complete but powered off and pillar three looks just like the framing for the panels.
Did it seem to you that the video panels can only be seen from side looking back toward the studio? COuld be wrong though. Confusing trying to figure this out. Its like they are constructing a presentation point from other direction. Why would the video panels be on the back side of the columns or all 4 sides if they werent meant to be seen? Just wondering. Seems like an exciting development whatever they doing. They are certainly ramping up the presentation on the channel. Just wish they would add some more of those video panels outside the cube at SkyCentral.

RE: Sky News - Neon Pig - 21-11-2023

I suppose the reality of adding too much visual stimuli to Sky Central is that it could be distracting for those working in the office areas. Of course, it does beg the question of adding an exposed studio in such a visible location that isn’t exclusive to Sky News. But yea, the corridors directly behind the glass box could be made more useful.

RE: Sky News - lhx1985 - 21-11-2023

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/lhx1985/snwestminster.jpg 

Looking at this morning's Twitter post by Kay, it seems that they've completed an additional pillar.

I think that the panels do wrap round the four sides of the column. But I think that they are tighter up on the columns on the studio-facing side for space reasons.

You can see in this screen grab, the panels do look like they extend off that side - and the framing certainly does.

RE: Sky News - mouseboy33 - 21-11-2023

(21-11-2023, 03:07 PM)lhx1985 Wrote:  https://up.metropol247.co.uk/lhx1985/snwestminster.jpg 

Looking at this morning's Twitter post by Kay, it seems that they've completed an additional pillar.

I think that the panels do wrap round the four sides of the column. But I think that they are tighter up on the columns on the studio-facing side for space reasons.

You can see in this screen grab, the panels do look like they extend off that side - and the framing certainly does.
Thanks for grabbing those shots. If we think about it.... If its only meant to be seen from the inside of the studio then it would be unnecessary to include video panels on the backside facing the newsroom. So it makes me think.... Will they have "flashcam" locations in parts of the newsroom that face the glassed studio or something.
Because it would also be cool to use the Big studio Video wall for one programme and then for another show completely turn everything around and use the news room backdrop and you can see the video wall columns and the newsroom in the background. Just thinking aloud. Hopefully we get some changes at SkyCentral. Maybe a mini newsroom setup so there is some visual difference int he background instead of the Hospital Corridor view.

RE: Sky News - AJB39 - 21-11-2023

I see Yalda Hakim is presenting a special programme on the Israel Gaza War at 9 tonight on Sky News. Is it her first show on the channel?

RE: Sky News - rkolsen - 21-11-2023

(21-11-2023, 02:15 PM)Neon Pig Wrote:  I suppose the reality of adding too much visual stimuli to Sky Central is that it could be distracting for those working in the office areas. Of course, it does beg the question of adding an exposed studio in such a visible location that isn’t exclusive to Sky News. But yea, the corridors directly behind the glass box could be made more useful.

Distracting, those in the BBC “pit” are used to it with likely lighting changes, hits from the newsroom, and being seen behind the camera. In addition to the led ring over head.