Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - blue_dust - 01-01-2024

Hopefully they install a similar desk version in the glass box, it is in desperate need of a new and different desk

RE: Sky News - news junkie - 01-01-2024

(31-12-2023, 04:21 PM)Gibsy Wrote:  The desk does look new.
The studio is the one they used to use for Breakfast next to the green screen studio.

Is the desk not the same one they have had for a while? Fairly sure they had it for the US Election and other “out and about” studios

RE: Sky News - Neon Pig - 02-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 11:50 PM)news junkie Wrote:  Is the desk not the same one they have had for a while? Fairly sure they had it for the US Election and other “out and about” studios

You're right. At least with the US election, although the one used back then appears to be larger, so whether it's adjustable or a smaller version, I have no idea.

RE: Sky News - Neon Pig - 02-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 12:21 PM)Neon Pig Wrote:  You're right. At least with the US election, although the one used back then appears to be larger, so whether it's adjustable or a smaller version, I have no idea.

Replying to myself - I meant to attach these photos

RE: Sky News - all new phil - 02-01-2024

No weather sponsor stings at the moment - presumably because of the news from Japan earlier today.

RE: Sky News - EasternEagle - 03-01-2024

The Yellow on that desk looks totally out of place.

RE: Sky News - Gibsy - 03-01-2024

(03-01-2024, 12:36 AM)EasternEagle Wrote:  The Yellow on that desk looks totally out of place.
I don’t agree tbh. It’s in keeping with screens behind and it’s the Ukraine colours as per the subject being discussed.

RE: Sky News - news junkie - 03-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 12:21 PM)Neon Pig Wrote:  You're right. At least with the US election, although the one used back then appears to be larger, so whether it's adjustable or a smaller version, I have no idea.

Do you know where I think I've seen it before - the Millbank DTL set. The blue truss one. I thought I remembered it from Prince Philip's funeral set but the pics I found show that it wasn't.

RE: Sky News - Neon Pig - 03-01-2024

(03-01-2024, 12:05 PM)news junkie Wrote:  Do you know where I think I've seen it before - the Millbank DTL set. The blue truss one. I thought I remembered it from Prince Philip's funeral set but the pics I found show that it wasn't.

Ah, that would make sense. I guess they didn't need it there with all the building work. I think the ones they have used for on-location sets were oval white ones.

RE: Sky News - watchingtv - 05-01-2024

The News Hour(s) this week seem to have a bit more bite to them.

Adapting to breaking news as usual, but still the comprehensive news hour of weather and sport.

Stand up presentation, guests and reporters in the studio. As well as the lighting change and camera angles.

And Jonathan Samuals had a special title card as he was on location for Friday night. NewsHour title card with his name over a picture of flooding. It's not much, but more reactive than in the past.

The 7pm, 8pm and 9pm shows were not on this week, so Mark Austin and Anna Botting have covered the hours this week. Although Sara Jane Mee was at the Darts, at least during the News Hour, the other night.