Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - Neon Pig - 07-01-2024

(07-01-2024, 05:12 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Though it would seem from quotes in the press release that this new set is only temporary -

David Rhodes, executive chairman for Sky News Group, said: "We're really pleased to present Breakfast earlier each morning - and delighted to welcome Gareth Barlow to our team.

"From a new Westminster newsroom now - and a new studio in the coming months - Kay Burley, Gareth Barlow, Mhari Aurora and Wilfred Frost will bring the whole range of Sky News to audiences each morning."

Yeah, I noticed that. I wonder where this other studio will be. Perhaps behind the existing one, considering there is a large horizontal strip screen at the opposite end of the newsroom, will has partially obstructed view from this new newsroom set.

Nonetheless, it looks very smart. The wood is nice, as are the plants and the accent blue wall colour.

RE: Sky News - RJLD24 - 07-01-2024

I presume Wilfred is continuing his 10-11:30am slot, now from Westminster, whilst also contributing to Breakfast? I can't see that explicitly said anywhere in the press release.

RE: Sky News - Global TV - 07-01-2024

(07-01-2024, 05:24 PM)RJLD24 Wrote:  I presume Wilfred is continuing his 10-11:30am slot, now from Westminster, whilst also contributing to Breakfast? I can't see that explicitly said anywhere in the press release.

They say he will be live from the main newsroom, so I presume his show remains in the glass box while doing updates for the show before.

RE: Sky News - freeaxe - 07-01-2024

Newsroom set looks excellent. Really like the design direction, warmer and less sterile than Sky's usual fare.

(07-01-2024, 05:12 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Though it would seem from quotes in the press release that this new set is only temporary -

David Rhodes, executive chairman for Sky News Group, said: "We're really pleased to present Breakfast earlier each morning - and delighted to welcome Gareth Barlow to our team.

"From a new Westminster newsroom now - and a new studio in the coming months - Kay Burley, Gareth Barlow, Mhari Aurora and Wilfred Frost will bring the whole range of Sky News to audiences each morning."

Surprising as the current Westminster set is quite new, but has bene so cramped and inflexible compared to the previous setup. Presumably they will be restoring the the view out onto the now-upgraded newsroom.

RE: Sky News - watchingtv - 07-01-2024

Presumably then, they will be using this set whilst the other set is being revamped for expanded use, outside breakfast hours as well.

RE: Sky News - EasternEagle - 07-01-2024

It took Sky News long enough, but finally after years they realised that having a newsroom backdrop is a good idea .

Shame they had to spend so much money before realising the idea they had in the old Sky News Centre was right, and just needed a more modern version of it.

RE: Sky News - Neon Pig - 07-01-2024

(07-01-2024, 05:34 PM)freeaxe Wrote:  Newsroom set looks excellent. Really like the design direction, warmer and less sterile than Sky's usual fare.

Surprising as the current Westminster set is quite new, but has bene so cramped and inflexible compared to the previous setup. Presumably they will be restoring the the view out onto the now-upgraded newsroom.

I'm not sure if they need to do much work, simply add a sofa/desk and use the glass view point into the newsroom - which would give an angle the back on the newsroom with the strip led screen, and also the new set they've just built.

Also, could there more to the new studio behind the camera angle? It goes back enough to fit something else perhaps.

RE: Sky News - cando - 07-01-2024

(07-01-2024, 04:30 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  This sounds quite similar to the Sarah-Jane Mee/Jonathon Samuels era of Sunrise, which I'm fine with

And confirmation of a new/revamped studio as well in this line from Kay "I’m excited to be presenting from a new state-of-the-art studio - and to be joined by a great new line-up"

I think it's more like Eamonn's era tbh. I think they should have revived the Sunrise branding.
I've been expecting a revamp for sometime, the current show is easily beaten by GB News and the signed version of BBC Breakfast on BBC NC in the ratings.

RE: Sky News - Brekkie - 07-01-2024

Not a huge fan of the wooden desk but the open newsroom set looks great. Baffling though to extend Kay's show by an hour yet she doesn't even present that hour. Guess the first hour is just a rebranded Early Rundown.

RE: Sky News - Stuart - 07-01-2024

I'm sure that design is aesthetically pleasing to some, but I already know what an office looks like as I work in one.

I want to see a slick polished end product on screen, not a background view of how you gathered the information. It adds nothing for me.

Actually, that temporary 'set' looks like the entrance to the staff canteen. She's only missing the till on the top of her bench and some stacks of plates where the other three are sat. Are the buffet and hotplates out of shot behind them?