Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - steve - 07-01-2024

I’m not sure it’ll be all of them together tbh - clearly 6-7am will just be Gareth then Kay & Gareth perhaps until 9am then Kay & Wilfred perhaps 9-10am which fits with the ‘looking ahead to the day’.

RE: Sky News - Independent - 08-01-2024

Looks great. Too bad if you're in Canada the YouTube stream has been geoblocked for no apparent reason as other major countries haven't been blocked (except Australia but at least there's an obvious reason for them).

RE: Sky News - Neon Pig - 08-01-2024

Kay has confirmed on air that they plan to refurbish the existing Westminster studio. I guess they’ll want to crack on with it so that it’s done and in use well in advance of any potential election.

She’s also hinted there’s more to the new studio than we’ve seen so far.

RE: Sky News - fusionlad - 08-01-2024

Kay revealed this morning that their current Westminster studio is the one that they will eventually move back to.

RE: Sky News - JK08 - 08-01-2024

It seems as though the current Westminster studio will be revamped and then become an expansion of the newsroom set: “We’re taking over the entire floor.”

Kay said it would act as a base for ministerial interviews amongst other things. It will be interesting to see how this works when it’s unveiled.

RE: Sky News - AaronTV - 08-01-2024

New desk looks nice and good to see Sky trying a different format. The newsroom looks great in the wide shot, but will be interesting to see how it looks on the main close ups as there’s a risk it just ends up looking like a slightly blurred office.

Will be interesting to see what wider plans they have for the Millbank set, I don’t think they’ve ever really used it to its full potential since the last update and I don’t think any program has really looked all that good from there.

RE: Sky News - derek500 - 08-01-2024

I'm not sure why Sky News are determined to make their breakfast show so viewer unfriendly. It's basically been on a downward trajectory since the Eamonn days and this revamp will do nothing to stop it.

Looks like they're looking for awards rather than viewers!

RE: Sky News - JK08 - 08-01-2024

(08-01-2024, 11:43 AM)derek500 Wrote:  I'm not sure why Sky News are determined to make their breakfast show so viewer unfriendly. It's basically been on a downward trajectory since the Eamonn days and this revamp will do nothing to stop it.

Looks like they're looking for awards rather than viewers!

What we've seen so far feels a lot more 'viewer-friendly' than Kay sat alone in front of a big screen for three hours, to me. The Eamonn Sunrise lacked effort for me. It was just headlines, newspaper review, and repeat. I don't think it was until late into Sarah-Jane's tenure that the excessive paper reviews were dropped - but thank goodness they finally did.

I agree with previous posters also, a return to the Sunrise branding would be much welcomed.

RE: Sky News - Gibsy - 08-01-2024

(08-01-2024, 11:27 AM)JK08 Wrote:  It seems as though the current Westminster studio will be revamped and then become an expansion of the newsroom set: “We’re taking over the entire floor.”

Kay said it would act as a base for ministerial interviews amongst other things. It will be interesting to see how this works when it’s unveiled.
Where can I read her comments?

RE: Sky News - fusionlad - 08-01-2024

(08-01-2024, 03:15 PM)Gibsy Wrote:  Where can I read her comments?

You can't, she said it verbally.