Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - Stuart - 08-01-2024

(08-01-2024, 10:08 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Then after a stint in the Glass Box during the first lockdown, the move into the current Millbank studio saw Kay's allergy to sitting down return in full force
I didn't realise she'd been doing it for so long, although she did have that 6 month gap after lockdown.

I know what you mean about her reluctance to sit down. I would watch for about 10-15 minutes before I left for work, and would feel exhausted just watching her pacing backwards and forwards. Tongue

In a 2021 interview she said that the temperature in the studio was turned right down as she got hot flushes. Perhaps moving around all the time helps with that, unless that was just her style of presentation.

RE: Sky News - Craigwills - 10-01-2024

Schedules confirming that the last Early Rundown is Friday, as expected. Wilfred still down for 10-11:30, at the moment at least.
I wonder on Fridays, if Anna will start at 7am or 6am?

RE: Sky News - ginnyfan - 10-01-2024

Frost keeps his usual slot, of course. From what was said and written so far, he'll only appear with previews of what's to come and a bit more, on Kay's show.

RE: Sky News - excel99 - 10-01-2024

(10-01-2024, 01:27 PM)Craigwills Wrote:  Schedules confirming that the last Early Rundown is Friday, as expected.
As a 5am viewer some days, that's very disappointing, assuming 5am becomes just another overnight hour

Sky News overnight output is functional for sure, but it feels rather basic and cold. The presentation is a single camera shot (other than TOTH), and unless there is breaking news, then the content is yesterday's news. At 3am fair enough, it's not reasonable to expect anything more. However at 5am I've become used to something much better. The Early Rundown has a clear focus on that days news and 'warmer' presentation with it's different camera angles and lighting. It's a far superior newscast

Hopefully Sky will prove my concerns unfounded. If not Sally Bundock might have another viewer

RE: Sky News - robxu9 - 11-01-2024

Looks like we have a first picture of what The World set will look like: https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news-launching-new-foreign-affairs-show-the-world-with-yalda-hakim-13046103 

RE: Sky News - mouseboy33 - 11-01-2024

Thats Westminster right?
Another thing.... Monday-THURSDAY?!
Does anyone on TV work a full week like the rest of us? (Joking).

Seriously, thats definitely a UK thing. The only one I can think of in cable news thats extremely popular is Rachel Maddow and she only works on Mondays. After reducing her weekly schedule to one day to write and work on other projects. But this brings to mind the presenter schedule on GMB and the seemingly sporadic presenter schedule. A bit of a head scratcher from an outisider. Canadian and US news presenters are usually consistent across the entire week.

RE: Sky News - JK08 - 11-01-2024

That's Studio 6 at Sky Studios in Osterley - former home of Sunrise.
Also, Sky News airs Friday Night with Niall Paterson on Fridays, but a four-day-week is very popular across UK TV.

RE: Sky News - ginnyfan - 11-01-2024

(11-01-2024, 01:53 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Thats Westminster right?
Another thing.... Monday-THURSDAY?!
Does anyone on TV work a full week like the rest of us? (Joking).

Seriously, thats definitely a UK thing. The only one I can think of in cable news thats extremely popular is Rachel Maddow and she only works on Mondays. After reducing her weekly schedule to one day to write and work on other projects. But this brings to mind the presenter schedule on GMB and the seemingly sporadic presenter schedule. A bit of a head scratcher from an outisider. Canadian and US news presenters are usually consistent across the entire week.

British presenters, for some reason, are only capable of working 4 days a week. With Yalda's other projects and activities, you'll be lucky to see her do a full, 4 day week.

RE: Sky News - all new phil - 11-01-2024

(11-01-2024, 02:11 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  British presenters, for some reason, are only capable of working 4 days a week. With Yalda's other projects and activities, you'll be lucky to see her do a full, 4 day week.

This comes across as a little disrespectful. There’s more to their work than what you see on screen. Can’t speak for Sky but I know another commercial operation has people working 4 10-hour days rather than 5 days.

RE: Sky News - South - 11-01-2024

(11-01-2024, 02:11 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  British presenters, for some reason, are only capable of working 4 days a week. With Yalda's other projects and activities, you'll be lucky to see her do a full, 4 day week.

It should be remembered that Yalda's new role is chief International presenter, this means in addition to her regular role at presenting The World, she will also be fronting coverage of major international events. This is far more substantial than 4 hours a week.