Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - TMD_24 - 12-01-2024

Gillian Joseph is presenting beyond midnight given the breaking news about the airstrikes in Yemen.

RE: Sky News - interestednovice - 12-01-2024

(11-01-2024, 08:08 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  That really is such a fantastic looking desk and backdrop and is everything 'The Daily Global' on the BBC News Channel could only dream of.

It really does appear to be what The Daily Global could, and should, have been if taken seriously.

You can’t blame Yalda for leaving when she went from having a “proper” show, Impact, with a really good expansive studio with the option to cover all sorts of news (along with funding for standalone documentaries) to a completely low-effort show on a low-budget channel, with no funding available for those investigative documentaries like in the past.

Hopefully her new Sky News show will be a return to form for her, and she will be given a good degree of latitude from Sky to cover things how she wants. I like what I’m seeing so far.

RE: Sky News - mouseboy33 - 12-01-2024

This is good "get" for SkyNews. If the viewers sadly only see her programme 4 days a week. Hopefully SkyNews can grow their appointment viewing with this new strand of programming. And capitalize on the unhappy viewers of combined BBC News channel. And notice most new news programming is being built on or includes the name of the lead presenter. Interesting development, not only on SkyNews but the BBC as well. Especially considering its origins. Interesting.

RE: Sky News - Brekkie - 12-01-2024

Sky News seemed to be the only channel running with the developing story just before midnight last night. The BBC, Al Jazerra and Talk TV were all on pre-recorded content whilst GB News was looking for things to be outraged about in the papers.

The primetime line up looking much stronger moving forward and crucially News rather than opinion focused.

RE: Sky News - fusionlad - 12-01-2024

Yes, Sky News is looking very strong at the moment. Was watching just after 5am this morning. What was once a time to be endlessly repeating the news from the day before, they had full live analysis from the unfolding events.

RE: Sky News - Transmission - 12-01-2024

(12-01-2024, 09:40 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Sky News seemed to be the only channel running with the developing story just before midnight last night. The BBC, Al Jazerra and Talk TV were all on pre-recorded content whilst GB News was looking for things to be outraged about in the papers.

The primetime line up looking much stronger moving forward and crucially News rather than opinion focused.

Yep, I noticed BBC News stuck with the full episode of HardTalk when in times past they would've immediately crashed out of it, unfortunately it's just what the channel is these days. I'm sure there'll be very good coverage on there today but when news first breaks Sky News is now really the only choice (in some cases like last night, literally) and it's good to see their commitment to that. And, as you say, a strong schedule going forward based around news rather than comment when so much else is going in the other direction.

RE: Sky News - mouseboy33 - 12-01-2024

Good job by SkyNews to stick overnight withe airstrike news. The repeated overnight news is certainly a dreary affair. Yesh. But its nice to see the other programmes getting "woken" up. The dayside programmes need a bit of help though. They are sticking with the hospital corridor look during the day.

One thing I did notice, when the first image of the airstrike came in. It was just a still and seemingly was on screen forever. Not sure what happened. But it would have been nice to have that in one of side boxes mixed with presenter shots and a couple of double boxes. But it must have been on the screen for what seemed like more than 10 mins....well it felt that way. I do like what they have been doing with UK Tonight. That style of screen boxes and double shots, etc should be carried over to other programme to mix up the visuals for the audience. But things are finally moving in a more colourful, livelier direction. Good on Sky. (Just wish they stop the apologetic way they do Breaking News now)

RE: Sky News - Neon Pig - 12-01-2024

(11-01-2024, 10:42 PM)RJLD24 Wrote:  I'm guessing, due to breaking news events, Sophy didn't get a change to show a glimpse of the new studio tonight?

No, but if you follow Gareth Barlow on his social media, he's been giving previews of it. There isn't much that I can beyond what we have seen from the promos. Behind the cameras, it appears to just be a wall. It looks as though Kay will interview people on the glass top part of the desk - sitting opposite each other. I wonder if they'll keep it as it is (the new set that is) once they have redone the primary studio space - it would be interesting as a secondary presentation area.

It will be interesting to see how Politics Hub is presented from next week, and whether Friday Night will stay in Westminster.

Also, it does appear that the early Rundown is shutting down - Leah Boletto(?) confirmed on her Twitter.

RE: Sky News - blue_dust - 12-01-2024

Does anyone know why they scrap using the ToTH more and more? It is not used ahead of any of the new shows! Feels completely odd just immediately start the show.

RE: Sky News - Lec_Ver16 - 13-01-2024

(12-01-2024, 10:19 PM)blue_dust Wrote:  Does anyone know why they scrap using the ToTH more and more? It is not used ahead of any of the new shows! Feels completely odd just immediately start the show.

I feel that it would be odd to use on the appointment to view programms since the TOTH would cover news that the program won´t cover later. I might be wrong.