Pres Café
BBC/ITV East News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV East News (/showthread.php?tid=81)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: BBC/ITV East News - ViridianFan - 24-01-2024

(24-01-2024, 06:38 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  The last major update was 2009 and Cambridge had a huge revamp/upgrade. https://x.com/Jaggy2409/status/1750211048366326017?s=20 

The temporary set looks far better than the old set did. I never like the 2008 sets. They lacked any warmth to them

RE: BBC/ITV East News - watchingtv - 24-01-2024

The temporary set looks sharp. Just shows how old the set had become. The only annoying thing is the carpet tile far right isn't quite stuck down. Even though Alex is in a "cupboard" the weather looked really clear compared to the angled and washed out screen.

RE: BBC/ITV East News - London Lite - 24-01-2024

(24-01-2024, 07:59 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  The temporary set looks sharp. Just shows how old the set had become. The only annoying thing is the carpet tile far right isn't quite stuck down. Even though Alex is in a "cupboard" the weather looked really clear compared to the angled and washed out screen.

They sorted out the lighting in the weather cupboard as it was too bright at lunchtime.

RE: BBC/ITV East News - m_in_m - 24-01-2024

One thing I gave just realised is when did any of the Loom East weather team last present in front of green screen? I'm sure the Cambridge forecasts were generally recorded in the studio.

RE: BBC/ITV East News - Mike - 24-01-2024

(24-01-2024, 07:59 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  The temporary set looks sharp. Just shows how old the set had become.

I'm beginning to think the strange yellow tinge on their rear projector screens is actually on the output to them - the temporary set monitors are slightly off white and it's mildly irritating.

RE: BBC/ITV East News - Keith - 20-03-2024

Two months on presumably the new set is nearing ready to go live. One assumes it'll either become active later this week or early next week, as I can't imagine a new set going live over Easter in case of any technical problems.

RE: BBC/ITV East News - anglia99 - 20-03-2024

Yesterday’s lunchtime bulletin was fronted by Luke Deal (from BBC Radio Suffolk) A first? Angie George unusually did the main evening show - although she’s pretty much now the go-to stand in presenter who’ll appear on any given day and time!

Maybe rehearsals are now starting on the new set?

Amelia Reynolds must be on leave as David Whitely is also absent from ITV News Anglia.

I assume that Susie Fowler Watt is part time now? She rarely does more than 2 days a week despite being the ‘lead presenter’ and is often away for a week or two at a time.

RE: BBC/ITV East News - Stuart - 20-03-2024

(20-03-2024, 12:37 PM)Keith Wrote:  Two months on presumably the new set is nearing ready to go live. One assumes it'll either become active later this week or early next week, as I can't imagine a new set going live over Easter in case of any technical problems.
They can take their time. Tongue

That 'travelling set' will then be heading to Plymouth Confused

The later the better.

RE: BBC/ITV East News - Kendal87 - 22-03-2024

(20-03-2024, 01:31 PM)anglia99 Wrote:  I assume that Susie Fowler Watt is part time now? She rarely does more than 2 days a week despite being the ‘lead presenter’ and is often away for a week or two at a time.

Susie normally does 3 days a week - Monday, Thursday and Friday.

The programme seem to lose some of its magic once the Stewart and Susie partnership was split up.

RE: BBC/ITV East News - ViridianFan - 22-03-2024

(22-03-2024, 12:18 AM)Kendal87 Wrote:  Susie normally does 3 days a week - Monday, Thursday and Friday.

The programme seem to lose some of its magic once the Stewart and Susie partnership was split up.

I have to agree with you on that. I understand it we down to costs but I think for the regions that still have duo presenters the programmes lost some of that warmth. It become much more someone telling you whereas before you felt as if it was a conversation.