Pres Café
BBC/ITV North West News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV North West News (/showthread.php?tid=90)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: BBC/ITV North West News - m_in_m - 07-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 08:15 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Next to the tram stop I think?

That's my recollection. I'm sure it featured on Breakfast on occasions as well.

RE: BBC/ITV North West News - nwtv2003 - 07-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 08:20 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  That's my recollection. I'm sure it featured on Breakfast on occasions as well.

Last I checked it was very much accessible from the tram stop. Although if it wasn’t for the small plaque in place you wouldn’t know you were walking in the Blue Peter garden. I haven’t been to MediaCity for about 18 months, but very little has changed there since its inception.  (If anything the ITV/Coronation Street complex has had the most changes in the last few years.) 

There is a possibility Blue Peter may have something at RHS Bridgewater, which is just up the road from MediaCity at the other end of Salford.

RE: BBC/ITV North West News - South - 07-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 06:21 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  I don't think they are moving into the exact space that was planned for NWT. I think NWT were going to be much closer to the edge of the building possibly even with windows direct to the outside. The news studio for Breakfast is set back inside the building a little with no obvious ability for someone outside to cause a disturbance to the programme.
 I think NWT was planned for the Groubd floor front of the building originally, but when it was announced that Breakfast was moving the plan changed and the space that was intended for NWT went to Sport and its studio instead, so maybe not the exact space but as good as.

harshy - harshy - 07-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 08:15 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Next to the tram stop I think?

I was there last week it is indeed right next to the tram stop.

RE: BBC/ITV North West News - JexedBack - 08-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 12:33 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  As it stands is it just ITV Granada using The Orange Tower for live broadcasting or are BBC now using the Ground Floor as well?

Red Bee are in Orange Tower and do playout from there.

(07-07-2023, 09:01 PM)South Wrote:   I think NWT was planned for the Groubd floor front of the building originally, but when it was announced that Breakfast was moving the plan changed and the space that was intended for NWT went to Sport and its studio instead, so maybe not the exact space but as good as.

It was going to be in the corner where the tours ended up. 
Sport studio was always planned to be in the centre of their newsroom.

RE: BBC/ITV North West News - Stuart - 10-07-2023

(08-07-2023, 08:28 AM)JexedBack Wrote:  Sport studio was always planned to be in the centre of their newsroom.
Didn't Sport also have another smaller studio in their newsroom when they first moved to Salford?

RE: BBC/ITV North West News - m_in_m - 10-07-2023

(10-07-2023, 09:10 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Didn't Sport also have another smaller studio in their newsroom when they first moved to Salford?

Yes. Was this used by Mark Chapman for a football programme maybe on a Sunday lunch time that was shared with Five Live? Any of those individual details could be wrong. It was also used for Football Focus for BBC World. 

I think there were other occasional BBC Sport programmes that used it. I think it had a desk with an angular cut. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/34885619 

RE: BBC/ITV North West News - Steve in Pudsey - 11-07-2023

I think that was turned into a secondary green VR studio?

RE: BBC/ITV North West News - UTVLifer - 11-07-2023

(11-07-2023, 02:18 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I think that was turned into a secondary green VR studio?

Correct it was turned into the VR studio that has been used for many things over the last few years - such as the Winter Olympics last year and coverage of various World Championships

RE: BBC/ITV North West News - m_in_m - 20-07-2023

Does Simon King routinely provide cover for Weather on North West Tonight or was tonight different due to the strike action.