Pres Café
Radio 2 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Radio 2 (/showthread.php?tid=91)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Radio 2 - AaronLancs - 15-05-2023

Does this new 'On The Hour' "ident" - for want of a better term - feature different presenters or is it just one combination?

RE: Radio 2 - South - 15-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 01:42 PM)AaronLancs Wrote:  Does this new 'On The Hour' "ident" - for want of a better term - feature different presenters or is it just one combination?

I have heard two so far but I have only heard the 1pm and 2pm TOTH.

RE: Radio 2 - skynewsfreak - 15-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 01:03 PM)South Wrote:  BBC Radio 2 has had an audio refresh today with Vernon joining the station. There are new style jingles which showcase the stations talent at the top of the hour.
Radio 2 has totally lost its authentic ‘sound’ now with this refresh - that TOTH jingle is so weak.

RE: Radio 2 - South - 15-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 02:07 PM)skynewsfreak Wrote:  
(15-05-2023, 01:03 PM)South Wrote:  BBC Radio 2 has had an audio refresh today with Vernon joining the station. There are new style jingles which showcase the stations talent at the top of the hour.
Radio 2 has totally lost its authentic ‘sound’ now with this refresh - that TOTH jingle is so weak.

I have to say so far I am not really impressed by the overall refresh, it seems a bit of a hodge podge from what I have heard, plus seems to have been a done a bit on the cheap merging previous versions of jingles into one mess.

RE: Radio 2 - alfiejmulcahy - 15-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 02:07 PM)skynewsfreak Wrote:  

It really is, it's just so clinical. Lost all personality from before, the other jingles are fine - liking Vernon's and Scott's, but the TOTH is just a dreadful copy of what global are doing and Vine's theme has lost all it's oomf. Who's behind it? Is it wisebuddah again?

I'm just hoping that Sara Cox's package stays intact, it's got perfect pacing the way it is.

RE: Radio 2 - TVViewer256 - 15-05-2023

Can only echo what others are saying. The 2013 package is timeless (especially with the majority of jingles based off eras/genres) and worked absolutely fine as it was.

As others have said, the new TOTH is weak and loses all personality. The presenters introing the news added extra personality to the shows (especially in the case of presenters like Liza Tarbuck) and that's now gone.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it... though I'm not at all surprised given the past two years or so at Radio 2.

RE: Radio 2 - bilky asko - 15-05-2023

Listening to the top of the hour sequence just now, it loses a lot by being pre-recorded, never mind the rather insipid jingle.

And why are they insisting upon copying the smart speaker prompt? It might be effective advertising for Amazon and Google-enabled products, but surely nobody is sitting at home with a smart speaker, perplexed as to how to listen to Radio 2.

RE: Radio 2 - DeMarkay - 15-05-2023

They copied Global badly. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

RE: Radio 2 - TVViewer256 - 15-05-2023

Interesting to note also that GHR went the other way a couple of weeks ago, having their presenters intro the news live (whereas before it was similar to Radio 2's new style).

RE: Radio 2 - alfiejmulcahy - 15-05-2023

Well, Sara's starting jingle is different, still retaining the La La Land music afterwards, but the preceding jingle just sounds so half arsed - with some audio from the old jingle at a bizzare volume in comparison to the rest of it.

Really not a fan of this new sound. Such a shame as the previous package was so good.

Edit: and the 5pm version was so much worse. Too much noise going on at once, all the sounds overlapping with each other horribly.