Pres Café
Radio 2 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Radio 2 (/showthread.php?tid=91)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Radio 2 - Jsnbts - 20-05-2023

(19-05-2023, 09:32 AM)NI92 Wrote:  
(18-05-2023, 09:42 PM)Jon Wrote:  Wasn’t Chappers (Mark Chapman) basically his co-host at one stage? Not sure if he relied on others at any time between them parting company and him forming an air bond with this Stark fellow.

They had Chris Moyles and his team in the morning and they did the same with Scott Mills and his team during Drive as others stated you had Laura, Becky & Chappers and we essentially co-hosts first then Chris started featuring as a mate of Scott and then became a fully fledged team member/co host in later years.
Didn’t they also try to pair Maya Jama with them on Friday’s too? Though I seem to remember that didn’t last very long..

RE: Radio 2 - Stooky Bill - 20-05-2023

Yes, Scott always had someone in the studio to bounce off, now he just feels a bit lonely until the travel presenter pops in.

There's a few DJs like that - always odd to hear Mark Radcliffe by himself for example. Chris Moyles and Danny Baker are two others who've not been without someone else in a long long time

RE: Radio 2 - Toby brown - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 09:05 AM)Jsnbts Wrote:  
(19-05-2023, 09:32 AM)NI92 Wrote:  They had Chris Moyles and his team in the morning and they did the same with Scott Mills and his team during Drive as others stated you had Laura, Becky & Chappers and we essentially co-hosts first then Chris started featuring as a mate of Scott and then became a fully fledged team member/co host in later years.
Didn’t they also try to pair Maya Jama with them on Friday’s too? Though I seem to remember that didn’t last very long..

They did just before Friday became part of the weekend schedule when maya got her own Friday show and Scott got the chart show

RE: Radio 2 - Stooky Bill - 20-05-2023

(18-05-2023, 07:43 PM)all new phil Wrote:  They’re getting it spot on at Radio 2 when it comes to on air talent I think. We now have a very 00s Radio 1 mix of presenters which is exactly where the audience is. Cox / Kay / Mills / Whiley are all in the right spots. I’d say the breakfast show is the weak link and feels like it pitches slightly differently to the rest of the line up - more mass audience, it feels very school run rather than work commute. Not sure it’ll change any time soon though.
Vine excepted It does sound a lot more coherent - it's got a unique musical format of non challenging melodic songs and friendly presenters who do lots of audience interaction. It's what Radio 2 has always done best. With Steve Wright gone the afternoons have become less high concept and is more similar to the rest 

The school run thing is very true and I think that started with Chris Evans. His breakfast show launched with features for the whole family, he was father to young children at the time. It was a bit of a contrast to Wogan's club of old people format, but that seems to have extended to rest of the schedule. Those texting and calling in are mostly in their 40s and 50s and a lot are parents. They've hit a certain demographic, in fact those I know who are Radio 2 listeners are all exactly that. And to match that there's Zoe, Sara and Jo - the trendy mums, Vernon the trendy dad etc.

It's a family station

RE: Radio 2 - steve - 20-05-2023

Plus, the breakfast audience has changed quite a lot post-Covid. Fewer commuters in cars, but still plenty of people on school run, so it makes sense to focus on that demographic.

RE: Radio 2 - London Lite - 20-05-2023

It's not a surprise that I'm not a fan of the current R2 considering I couldn't stand Radio 1 in the early noughties in the first place, except for the exceptional Mark & Lard.

RE: Radio 2 - Ant - 20-05-2023

The Pick of the Pops jingle is a massive downgrade.

RE: Radio 2 - NickyBoy - 20-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 03:35 PM)TVViewer256 Wrote:  Interesting to note also that GHR went the other way a couple of weeks ago, having their presenters intro the news live (whereas before it was similar to Radio 2's new style).

I don't think they are live on Greatest Hits Radio either. Sometime in the last couple of weeks, Simon Mayo sounded as though he had a sore throat, which was mentioned during the show. However on the news intro, he sounded normal, no croaky voice.

RE: Radio 2 - TVViewer256 - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 05:30 PM)NickyBoy Wrote:  
(15-05-2023, 03:35 PM)TVViewer256 Wrote:  Interesting to note also that GHR went the other way a couple of weeks ago, having their presenters intro the news live (whereas before it was similar to Radio 2's new style).

I don't think they are live on Greatest Hits Radio either. Sometime in the last couple of weeks, Simon Mayo sounded as though he had a sore throat, which was mentioned during the show. However on the news intro, he sounded normal, no croaky voice.
I thought they were live as they're different every day but there may well be just a few versions for each presenter.

Live or not live, I still feels it gives a more personal feel.

RE: Radio 2 - BBI45 - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 05:33 PM)TVViewer256 Wrote:  
(20-05-2023, 05:30 PM)NickyBoy Wrote:  I don't think they are live on Greatest Hits Radio either. Sometime in the last couple of weeks, Simon Mayo sounded as though he had a sore throat, which was mentioned during the show. However on the news intro, he sounded normal, no croaky voice.
I thought they were live as they're different every day but there may well be just a few versions for each presenter.

Live or not live, I still feels it gives a more personal feel.

I think it depends on the presenter. Given how close some presenters come to crashing the V/O, I'm inclined to say at least some are done either live or just before transmission.

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/BBI45/ukg-greatest_hits_edinburgh_100423.mp3 

EDIT: In other news, Liza has found a way...

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1659996180061757443?t=DLYo10uMe8Kcak3iWXGPSw&s=19