Pres Café
The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (/showthread.php?tid=97)

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - RhysJR - 25-08-2023

The sound mixing has been all over the place at Twickenham today. I was struggling to hear the referee at times, in the first half especially. In the piece to camera just on half-time by the co-comms, Justin Marshall's mic was silent for the first 30secs or so. And at full time, the first question of every interview (conducted by world feed co-comm Thinus Delport) is joined halfway through, with world feed commentator Rupert Cox being heard for 15 seconds or so after each interview before the SuperSport commentary returns.

At least the sound mix was better than the first half of the last SuperSport commentary heard on an international in the UK (the completely incomprehensible Argentina v. South Africa commentary a few weeks ago).

By the looks of it, it was a joint commentary of sort by SuperSport and Sky Sport NZ (i.e. both took that commentary). Justin Marshall, previously Sky NZ's lead co-comm, will not travel with Sky to the RWC but will be part of the SuperSport team. And it's probably just as well Sky NZ didn't have their own commentary after the poor commentary by Grant Nisbett in the reverse fixture - he very frequently called every (black) South African player Mapimpi when there was only one Mapimpi.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Brekkie - 26-08-2023

I know it's not new and guess it's done for the benefit of clipping the content but the "Live" graphic and crediting the commentators before every single race is rather annoying.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - robertclark125 - 26-08-2023

Sky Sports F1 have been forced to rearrange their schedule, due to the Indycar practice, and Qualifying, being disrupted by a thunderstorm, at the Gateway motorsports park oval, in Illinois. Currently showing highlights from a previous race, in Nashville. Ironically, the qualifying at Nashville was also delayed due to a thunderstorm!

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - dvboy - 26-08-2023

Sky Sports Arena had to change their schedule to fit in an extra day’s play of qualifying at the US Open.

Sky Sports Arena will be temporarily rebranded as Sky Sports Tennis on Monday

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Brekkie - 26-08-2023

Guessing they'll launch a full time Sky Sports Tennis channel next year when their ATP/WTA rights begin.

P.S. No Andrew Cotter again on the athletics. Having done the marathon 15 hours ago think Cram is naturally flagging a bit. A bit more Steve Backley and field action tonight I felt which isn't a bad thing, and Gabby and the studio team covering the intros of the relay teams.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - dvboy - 26-08-2023

(26-08-2023, 08:53 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Guessing they'll launch a full time Sky Sports Tennis channel next year when their ATP/WTA rights begin.

Most likely although that still hasn’t been officially announced.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - leewilliams - 26-08-2023

(26-08-2023, 08:53 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  P.S.  No Andrew Cotter again on the athletics.  Having done the marathon 15 hours ago think Cram is naturally flagging a bit.
Didn’t notice him flagging, to be honest - and I saw the whole evening session - corrected himself quickly on a couple of small errors, generally called the finals to a high standard and was lightning quick spotting that US disqualification-causing changeover in the women’s 4x400.

As for Cotter, sounds like he’s having a miserable time:

https://x.com/mrandrewcotter/status/1695514614262325351?s=46&t=OuG-53CJRHzzDVEPmDXGSg 

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - DJCC7 - 27-08-2023

I really love the purple World Feed graphics for the athletics. Pleasing on the eye and they animate really nicely; some nice innovations too like the 'as it stands' live table during the final event (1500m) of the decathlon. Anyone know who designed them?

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Brekkie - 28-08-2023

They are just so nicely done - dynamic, legible and discreet.

Gibsy - Gibsy - 28-08-2023

Watching one of the US Open court streams via SkyQ…does anyone know how to go full screen. A third of my screen is taken up with players rankings that I can’t seem to get rid of.