Pres Café
The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (/showthread.php?tid=97)

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - dvboy - 30-08-2023

(30-08-2023, 09:20 PM)harshy Wrote:  I thought the sky interactive channels are all SD but I tried a match and it was in HD, is it opening an internet stream instead?
Yes, they are all over the Internet, no satellite delivery.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - harshy - 30-08-2023

That’s pretty good on a sky q box just like a real broadcast picture.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - NI92 - 30-08-2023

(30-08-2023, 08:17 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  And so Stuart Broad's post-retirement future truly gets underway... ... as a pundit on Soccer Special!

Watching the football live so haven't been watching Sky Sports News, keeping up the tradition of random sports stars turning up in different sports.
* Michael Vaughan on BBC Masters Golf coverage as an interviewer
* Steve Harmison as a reporter for Newcastle on talkSPORT
* Former Ulster & Ireland Scrum Half Paul Marshall is usually a reporter on Northern Ireland sports for viaplay
* Andrew Flintoff as a Darts commentator on Sky Sports

* The best one I can think of is Shane Warne on ITV for Australia first FIFA World Cup match in 2006 (think of a famous Australian - Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan, Shane Warne - that will do) Big Grin

Not diminishing the talent these guys have just unexpected to pop up on other sports

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - newsjunkie - 31-08-2023

For anyone criticising Sky Sports coverage of the US Open, I wouldn't wish Canada's TSN on them.

A total mess of their own coverage, ESPN & world feed commentary with no effort to integrate them properly. It means joining/leaving mid sentence or even mid point.

One of the worst times was when they left a match during a set point for an advert break, followed by a presenter recapping some earlier results before their evening 'encore presentation' began (that's a posh way of describing a repeat of an earlier match).

That match continued on their TSN+ service (not that it was flagged as such). Thankfully it did have world feed comms on the service, most seem not to (a problem that Prime in the UK often has).

I should also say that TSN's own coverage is one man shouting over a tannoy in the middle of flushing meadows. Hardly worth bothering with really.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - dvboy - 31-08-2023

(31-08-2023, 12:24 AM)newsjunkie Wrote:  (a problem that Prime in the UK often has).

The problem Prime has with taking the world feed is that the ATP world feed is produced rather than match-specific, so will bounce over to other matches for extended periods. This isn’t ideal for an individual match feed so they don’t use it. The WTA on the other hand provides a separate commentary for every singles match.

At 250 and 500 level they will generally put the produced world feed on their main coverage feed. At 1000 they usually do their own, especially if it’s a combined event with the WTA. However, they have taken the ATP produced world feed at this level where it isn’t a combined event, such as Monte-Carlo and Paris.

The only other time you’re likely to hear ATP world feed on a match feed on Prime Video is on doubles semifinals and possibly the doubles final at Masters 1000, because there is usually no risk of them being scheduled against other ATP matches, so no risk of suddenly cutting to another match.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - eyeTV - 31-08-2023

It appears that Craig Doyle is the new presenter of the NFL Show on ITV (according to the listings).

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - thegeek - 31-08-2023

I wonder where they'll have pitched up now - save for a brief period where one of the two weekly shows came from a broom cupboard in North One's offices, it's spent a long time being made at BT Studios in Stratford.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Scratch_Perry - 31-08-2023

(30-08-2023, 09:42 PM)NI92 Wrote:  Watching the football live so haven't been watching Sky Sports News, keeping up the tradition of random sports stars turning up in different sports.
* Michael Vaughan on BBC Masters Golf coverage as an interviewer
* Steve Harmison as a reporter for Newcastle on talkSPORT
* Former Ulster & Ireland Scrum Half Paul Marshall is usually a reporter on Northern Ireland sports for viaplay
* Andrew Flintoff as a Darts commentator on Sky Sports

* The best one I can think of is Shane Warne on ITV for Australia first FIFA World Cup match in 2006 (think of a famous Australian - Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan, Shane Warne - that will do) Big Grin

Not diminishing the talent these guys have just unexpected to pop up on other sports
Also, in 2019 former multiple Grand Slam Men's Doubles winner Todd Woodbridge hosted the Australian TV coverage of the Ashes series in England.  And whilst on a tennis tip, Boris Becker was a studio pundit for a German football game on the former BT Sport a few years ago.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - News Engineer - 31-08-2023

(31-08-2023, 09:57 AM)thegeek Wrote:  I wonder where they'll have pitched up now - save for a brief period where one of the two weekly shows came from a broom cupboard in North One's offices, it's spent a long time being made at BT Studios in Stratford.

Maybe Timeline at Ealing? (Know it's North One rather than ITV Sport in house.)

Although I half expected it, a shame that Laura Woods won't be presenting anymore. She'd got as good a rapport with Osi and Jason as Mark Chapman did, which has always been a big part of the reasons to watch.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - RhysJR - 31-08-2023

You could predict like clockwork that even if I joined the Champions League draw 20 minutes late, it still hadn't actually started. At least they are not doing draw a pot - announcing award winners - drawing a pot like they did a few years ago. Everything else the same in Monaco, except that Giorgio Marchetti has new glasses this year.

This will be the last ever UEFA Champions League group stage draw as we enter into the "new and exciting" new era and format next season!

(31-08-2023, 04:05 PM)News Engineer Wrote:  Maybe Timeline at Ealing? (Know it's North One rather than ITV Sport in house.)

Although I half expected it, a shame that Laura Woods won't be presenting anymore. She'd got as good a rapport with Osi and Jason as Mark Chapman did, which has always been a big part of the reasons to watch.

Although I didn't watch it as much last season, I have to agree that Laura has a good rapport with Osi and Jason and it will be shame to see her not present the show anymore. On the other hand, I think Craig can have many of the qualities of Mark when presenting the BT rugby coverage, so I'm sure will do great. The NFL Show now has had four main presenters and two broadcasters in the last four seasons.