Pres Café
The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (/showthread.php?tid=97)

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - thegeek - 14-09-2023

(13-09-2023, 09:52 AM)Transmission Wrote:  I've seen that done for the Champions League, with a version of the world feed using AR for countries that need the pitchside hoardings to include the alcohol-free version of their beer sponsor.
I can't find the relevant document to check, but I think last year the UCL matches in France had 'Enjoy Responsibly' ads (possibly in Heineken colours/typefaces but otherwise unbranded) on the pitchside banners, which were replaced by 'Heineken 0.0' ads on the VBR (Virtual Billboard Replacement) feeds.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Brekkie - 17-09-2023

Seems ITV didn't get the memo about womens football and scheduled England v Scotland in the Nations League on Friday on ITV4 initially, but have now opted to move it to ITV1, meaning Corrie moves to Tuesday and Emmerdale to 7pm on Friday. As ITV1 is also showing the 4.45pm kick off in the rugby on Friday the Evening News is going out at 3.30pm, with local news at 3.50pm.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Scratch_Perry - 17-09-2023

(17-09-2023, 12:05 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Seems ITV didn't get the memo about womens football and scheduled England v Scotland in the Nations League on Friday on ITV4 initially, but have now opted to move it to ITV1, meaning Corrie moves to Tuesday and Emmerdale to 7pm on Friday.    As ITV1 is also showing the 4.45pm kick off in the rugby on Friday the Evening News is going out at 3.30pm, with local news at 3.50pm.
During today's RWC coverage, Friday's game - between Argentina and Samoa - was advertised being on ITV4

And when that game finishes, the build-up to England v Scotland will commence from 7pm on that channel, then moving to ITV1 from 7.30pm.

(17-09-2023, 12:05 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Seems ITV didn't get the memo about womens football and scheduled England v Scotland in the Nations League on Friday on ITV4 initially, but have now opted to move it to ITV1, meaning Corrie moves to Tuesday and Emmerdale to 7pm on Friday.    As ITV1 is also showing the 4.45pm kick off in the rugby on Friday the Evening News is going out at 3.30pm, with local news at 3.50pm.
During today's RWC coverage, Friday's game - between Argentina and Samoa - was advertised being on ITV4

And when that game finishes, the build-up to England v Scotland will commence from 7pm on that channel, then moving to ITV1 from 7.30pm.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Crowe24 - 18-09-2023

ITV has the England contract again. All England games outside the major tournaments from after Euro 2024 to June 2028

https://www.itv.com/football/articles/itv-lands-new-deal-with-uefa-to-become-home-of-england-mens-football-team 

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Brekkie - 18-09-2023

Not hugely surprising.

It seems to have gone very quiet on the Viaplay front after the initial concerns when they announced they were backing out of the UK market, particularly around the Home Nations matches (rights through to 2028) and URC rugby. Virtually no reports since on who might buy it up or if rights holders are looking elsewhere.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - robertclark125 - 18-09-2023

I've a feeling some rights will not attract the money viaplay paid. Meanwhile, go karts could go to frontrunner, championship league snooker was on itv, so either bbc or itv, dtm was previously on bt sport, so a move back to tnt. But this is all speculation.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Jon - 18-09-2023

By definition they’re unlikely to attract the money ViaPlay paid as they must have been the highest bidder and are now out of the market.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Scratch_Perry - 18-09-2023

(18-09-2023, 01:18 PM)Crowe24 Wrote:  ITV has the England contract again. All England games outside the major tournaments from after Euro 2024 to June 2028

https://www.itv.com/football/articles/itv-lands-new-deal-with-uefa-to-become-home-of-england-mens-football-team 
Though I'll very much doubt they'll use "Bitter Sweet Symphony" for their opening and closing titles as that comes with end credits and no-one shows end credits any more for live sporting events, unless it's at the end of a tournament (ITV don't even have them on their FA Cup or England women's football coverage).

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - bkman1990 - 18-09-2023

Well that news is a very big blow for Channel 4.

I wonder what will happen to their own team of analysts and presenters for this current deal of matches. I would assume that ITV will still use their existing team of football analysts for their new rights deal for these matches. Jules Breech would still be with ITV to present the Carabao Cup highlights for ITV as she still does it on some weekends.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Jon - 18-09-2023

(18-09-2023, 08:27 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Well that news is a very big blow for Channel 4.

I wonder what will happen to their own team of analysts and presenters for this current deal of matches. I would assume that ITV will still use their
They’ll just pick up any other random freelance jobs that come up and continue with their many other existing commitments.