Pres Café
The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (/showthread.php?tid=97)

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Brekkie - 23-09-2023

Do they still produce an international version for BBC World?

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - DTV - 23-09-2023

(23-09-2023, 11:14 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Do they still produce an international version for BBC World?
No, the international version of Football Focus ended at the end of the 2016/17 season and the version of Final Score at the end of the 2014/15 season.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - SuperSajuuk - 23-09-2023

BBC Sport seemingly having problems with push notifications for Formula 1, as results for practice, qualifying and race sessions from the very early races in this season just got sent out for no reason, despite already previously having been pushed at the time. At least i know how a race ended that i already watched xD

EDIT: seems to just be going through every race from start of season to present, in bursts. Not sure if this is impacting any other sport, but kinda funny ig….
[Image: IMG_8706.png]

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - fusionlad - 23-09-2023

(23-09-2023, 01:01 PM)SuperSajuuk Wrote:  BBC Sport seemingly having problems with push notifications for Formula 1, as results for practice, qualifying and race sessions from the very early races in this season just got sent out for no reason, despite already previously having been pushed at the time. At least i know how a race ended that i already watched xD

EDIT: seems to just be going through every race from start of season to present, in bursts. Not sure if this is impacting any other sport, but kinda funny ig….
[Image: IMG_8706.png]
It's dam annoying lol. Have you got F1 as a favourite sport like me, or is that irrelevant?

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - AxG - 23-09-2023

Like we really needed reminding of all the races that Red Bull and Verstappen have won. Big Grin

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - SuperSajuuk - 23-09-2023

(23-09-2023, 01:15 PM)fusionlad Wrote:  It's dam annoying lol. Have you got F1 as a favourite sport like me, or is that irrelevant?
Yeah, i’ve mine set as a favourite/my sport, but it only happened on F1. Didn’t seem to spam me with push notifications for either Snooker or Tennis, which i have similarly marked as favourite, so not sure if it was just an F1 thing or not lol.
(23-09-2023, 01:20 PM)AxG Wrote:  Like we really needed reminding of all the races that Red Bull and Verstappen have won. Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - eyeTV - 23-09-2023

Dan Walker shares his views and then Alex replies...

https://twitter.com/mrdanwalker/status/1705482130883494367?t=xY3KveMZQeHwjQGZLyN2rA&s=19 

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - RhysJR - 25-09-2023

After all these years, the ITV 2006 graphics are finally dead as ITV's snooker coverage has new graphics today. Not sure why blue and black are the dominant colours rather than the greens used on the generic football graphics and the ITV Sport logo, but overall looks quite nice. I think this is the recently intorduced font used on the ITV website, programme trailers etc.?

[Image: TVLF%20278.jpg]

[Image: TVLF%20279.jpg]

[Image: TVLF%20277.jpg]

[Image: TVLF%20275.jpg]

[Image: TVLF%20276.jpg]

With Jill Douglas based in France during the Rugby World Cup, Rishi Persad is leading the coverage this week from Cheltenham. The ITV snooker coverage is generally excellent, but one gripe I do have is the lack of multi-table coverage that is standard with the BBC and Eurosport (there's four tables playing this afternoon). You'd hope with the advent of ITVX this would become a possibility, but as of yet it does not look it will happen.

PS Nice touch that the trophy is the Clive Everton Trophy after his lengthy commentary tenure with the BBC and latterly ITV, and his work as editor of the Snooker Scene magazine, that he stepped down from last September.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - eyeTV - 25-09-2023

ITV sport graphics seem to be all over the place it's in desperate need of a unified approach.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Ofyles2 - 25-09-2023

(25-09-2023, 03:35 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  ITV sport graphics seem to be all over the place it's in desperate need of a unified approach.

Especially when it comes to using capitals throughout (darts), minuscules throughout, or a compromise thereof.