Pres Café
The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (/showthread.php?tid=97)

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Brekkie - 21-10-2023

Switching to League and C4 had "Grand Final Uncovered" - billed as a behind the scenes look at the grand final but actually a fairly straight highlights show with just a clip from the changing room at the end.

At the end though Helen Skelton said it was the end of coverage on C4 and how they hoped to have bought league to a new audience. Wasn't quite a goodbye speech but certainly could be interpretted that way with no announcement they'd return next year.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - RhysJR - 21-10-2023

On a similar note that I forgot to post at the time, but it sounds like Viaplay will not bother to renew the rugby league Championship rights. Obviously the whole future of the channels is still very unclear.

https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1713584918175912020?t=cyRXCSgTz6yWDnuDtEVtNg&s=19 

https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1703859291797488019?t=gOmgvmb4jh-jbu_hoYMfgw&s=19 

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Rdd - 21-10-2023

(21-10-2023, 08:12 AM)robertclark125 Wrote:  The only thing I can say is, I understood the prime contract expired after last year for the autumn internationals, so this may explain S4C showing the game. Any news on an English language broadcaster, or will S4C have that on the red button?

Wasn’t the Summer Nations Series on Prime in the UK? I think it was indeed a separate one-off contract from the previous two Autumn Nations Series, as those ones were on Prime in ROI too (except Ireland’s games) whereas Premier Sports had the non-Ireland fixtures in August.

Elsewhere, the URC’s back today, looks like no change graphics wise. Rumours of a merger with Premiership Rugby abound, though.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - RhysJR - 22-10-2023

Oddly, despite Match of the Day Wales introducing a new green scren studio, Scrum Vused the old BBC Wales sport studio (with the view of the concourse etc.). They also introduced the use of a demonstration team...

https://twitter.com/BBCScrumV/status/1716138435021361328?t=umOtnyDoW-dIOopl-PUQgQ&s=19 

https://twitter.com/BBCScrumV/status/1716141873482313816?t=PSVq5UTG3GBRhcrwELQ-ag&s=19  Tongue

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - RhysJR - 22-10-2023

(21-10-2023, 01:43 PM)Rdd Wrote:  Wasn’t the Summer Nations Series on Prime in the UK? I think it was indeed a separate one-off contract from the previous two Autumn Nations Series, as those ones were on Prime in ROI too (except Ireland’s games) whereas Premier Sports had the non-Ireland fixtures in August.

Elsewhere, the URC’s back today, looks like no change graphics wise. Rumours of a merger with Premiership Rugby abound, though.

The Summer Nations Series wasnon Prime in the UK. With S4C subletting highlights from Prime, and Prime's lack of efforts in the summer (less build-up, no studio on some matches), I do wonder if S4C have sublet the whole game from Prime?

One minor change in the URC graphics though, with the addition of flags next to players names to show their nationality, as Sky Sports do on a lot of their coverage.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Rdd - 22-10-2023

There is one small tweak to the URC graphics I missed at first glance - nationality flags added to graphics showing player names.

Edit: snap!

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - RhysJR - 23-10-2023

Nice to see Mark Durden-Smith make a return to ITV's rugby coverage this evening as an emergency replacement for David Flatman as the highlight show host.

As was mentioned last week, the Premiership matches that are not on TNT Sports are still using the BT Sport graphics. This makes the ITV show a little messy with three sets of graphics appearing through the show; the green ITV Sport graphics are used in pieces with the presenters, the BT and TNT graphics appear during matches, with the TNT Sports graphics style also used for additional graphics during the edits that use the BT style (for the commentators' name and during interviews etc.)

A minor tweak I've noticed from TNT Sports is that last week they used the Premiership Rugby's trophy logo in the score graphic, but have changed that to the Gallagher Premiership Rugby box logo.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - harshy - 23-10-2023

The World Cup Cricket is produced by Disney and Star, is Sunset and Vine not involved this time? It still has a very sunset and vine feel to the presentation, maybe they are still in the background?

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Scratch_Perry - 23-10-2023

(23-10-2023, 12:34 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  Nice to see Mark Durden-Smith make a return to ITV's rugby coverage this evening as an emergency replacement for David Flatman as the highlight show host.

As was mentioned last week, the Premiership matches that are not on TNT Sports are still using the BT Sport graphics. This makes the ITV show a little messy with three sets of graphics appearing through the show; the green ITV Sport graphics are used in pieces with the presenters, the BT and TNT graphics appear during matches, with the TNT Sports graphics style also used for additional graphics during the edits that use the BT style (for the commentators' name and during interviews etc.)

A minor tweak I've noticed from TNT Sports is that last week they used the Premiership Rugby's trophy logo in the score graphic, but have changed that to the Gallagher Premiership Rugby box logo.
"Emergency replacement?"  I know Flats has been at the Rugby World Cup, but the way you stated this suggests that he was down to present the highlights, but had to pull out due to unforeseen circumstances.  Was that the case?

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - RhysJR - 24-10-2023

(23-10-2023, 11:56 PM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  "Emergency replacement?"  I know Flats has been at the Rugby World Cup, but the way you stated this suggests that he was down to present the highlights, but had to pull out due to unforeseen circumstances.  Was that the case?

He was due to be presenting- in fact, the ITV 1 announcer last night namechecked him at the start of the programme. Mark said at the start of the programme that one of Flats' daughters has "had a nasty bump to the head" and he needed to be there, though Mark also said she was fine. Flats was back presenting ITV's podcast today so everything seems to have been sorted now.

Rachel Burford stood in for Topsy Ojo as he is still with the England team in France this week. Laura-Jane Jones and Mark Atkinson subbed last week's show, so neither of the two presnters in the titles have been on this season yet.