Pres Café
The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (/showthread.php?tid=97)

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Jon - 12-02-2024

No DOG on ITV 1 at the moment for the Super Bowl. Surely if you’re going to use a DOG the time you want to use it most is when clips of your broadcast is going to potentially be on other channels the next day.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - London Lite - 12-02-2024

There's a DOG on STV. However ITV1/STV taking the NFL Network feed is really dark on the contrast front. CBS Sports used by Sky Sports and DAZN is so much better.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Rdd - 12-02-2024

I’m not sure if it was the only regulatory approval they needed but the Irish Competiion and Consumer Protection Commission cleared the takeover of Viaplay’s UK operation by SSBL Limited (Premier Sports) on 30th January, so I’d expect that to complete relatively soon if it hasn’t already.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - RhysJR - 13-02-2024

The BBC have renewed the rights for the domestic athletics event, with the London Diamond League on BBC One and the Indoor and Outdoor UK Championships on digital platforms.

https://www.britishathletics.org.uk/news-and-features/uk-athletics-and-bbc-sport-announce-broadcast-partnership-and-coverage-for-2024-major-event-series/ 

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - RhysJR - 13-02-2024

(05-02-2024, 02:23 PM)Medianext.MX Wrote:  Eurovision Sport's new streaming offering launches today.

https://deadline.com/2024/02/eurovision-sport-europe-public-broadcasters-streaming-service-1235814742/ 

I've had my first proper use of this in recent days for the World Swimming Championships, and I think the best conclusion of my experience is mixed. The quality of the stream is good, and there is catch-up which I don't think its predeccessor had. The login was straightforward if a bit glitchy (I had to enter my details more than once before I was logged in). The desktop site allows you to rewind 30 or so seconds, which is a bit useless. The mobile app allows you to rewind back to the start of the broadcast. The mobile app has had a few issues for me, notably occasionaly buffering indefinitely (resolved by closing the app completely and starting again) and closing without notice once or twice.

I guess there's very good technical reason, but it's a bit annoying that these streaming services can't launch with a TV app (see also World Rugby's RugbyPass TV, that hasn't got a TV app seven months after launch). This has meant to watch stuff on any dcent sized screen, I'd either have to access the service via the TV/Fire Stick browser - with the arduous process of entering search terms and login details with the onscreen keyboard - or screen mirror/cast from my laptop - which it doesn't like doing and slows down when doing so. The old AllAquatics site worked on my TV's browser last year, but no such luck with the new site.

To the championships themselves, thankfully it looks like World Aquatics have not used this as a chance to host a world championships anually, with the hosts for 2025 (Singapore), 2027 (Budapest) and 2029 (Beijing) confirmed this week.
And the DJ must be a massive fan of the ITV England football coverage - I've never heard Bittersweet Symphony so much!

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Steve in Pudsey - 13-02-2024

Massive picture break-up on Swansea-Leeds on Sky Sports Action (a late displacement from Sky Sports Arena, for reasons unknown). Been happening for about 10 mins with no acknowledgement either from the commentator or in caption form. Happening both on Virgin Media and the Sky Sports app.

Edit: they've finally put up an apology aston and are blaming the weather - surely a Championship ground will be on fibre?

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - dvboy - 13-02-2024

(13-02-2024, 10:12 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Massive picture break-up on Swansea-Leeds on Sky Sports Action (a late displacement from Sky Sports Arena, for reasons unknown).

Wondering if they moved it to Action so that it was higher up on the Sky EPG as Arena was been moved from 408 to 412 on Friday, and Action moved from 407 to 408 yesterday after NFL debranding, swapping with Sky Sports Tennis.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - bilky asko - 13-02-2024

With the picture break-up and sound dropping out, it is virtually unwatchable - as a football match, that is.

(13-02-2024, 10:12 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Massive picture break-up on Swansea-Leeds on Sky Sports Action (a late displacement from Sky Sports Arena, for reasons unknown). Been happening for about 10 mins with no acknowledgement either from the commentator or in caption form. Happening both on Virgin Media and the Sky Sports app.

Edit: they've finally put up an apology aston and are blaming the weather - surely a Championship ground will be on fibre?

Nice to see Brewery Field is not the only Ospreys home ground that has technical issues. Big Grin Big Grin

It really is bad, probably worse than what the rugby experienced down the road on New Year's Day. Note, it looks like the caption has changed to no longer blame the weather.

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/RhysJR/TVLF%20328.jpg 

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Steve in Pudsey - 13-02-2024

So they've now switched it to Arena and the picture is perfect. So not an issue on the circuit from the ground back to Sky?