Pres Café
The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (/showthread.php?tid=97)

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - dvboy - 13-02-2024

They have switched it over to Sky Sports Arena where it is fine, so seems to be a fault specific to Sky Sports Action (different transponders?)
Should have left it scheduled where it was!

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - JamieMurph25 - 13-02-2024

(13-02-2024, 10:30 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Nice to see Brewery Field is not the only Ospreys home ground that has technical issues.  Big Grin  Big Grin

It really is bad, probably worse than what the rugby experienced down the road on New Year's Day. Note, it looks like the caption has changed to no longer blame the weather.

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/RhysJR/TVLF%20328.jpg 
Soccer Special over on both Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports News addressed the picture issue on Sky Sports Action as well.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - bilky asko - 13-02-2024

Sky Sports Action is still experiencing picture disruption during the adverts after the programme.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Steve in Pudsey - 13-02-2024

The ad break on Action has the same effect, so definiltey not a problem with the OB. There were comments on Twitter that it was fine on Action SD, but that was no help for me on Virgin.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - dvboy - 13-02-2024

It's the same on Now TV so it's definitely a playout issue rather than source.
Hopefully they can get it sorted before they take NFL Total Access live at midnight.
Other channels on the same transponder are fine (Sky Sports Cricket for example)

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Steve in Pudsey - 13-02-2024

I suspect it's downstream of playout, otherwise they would have been a lot quicker reacting. Although if playout were getting perfect pictures from Swansea, why did they let the OB think the issue was weather related loss of the circuit from the ground to playout?

(13-02-2024, 11:08 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I suspect it's downstream of playout, otherwise they would have been a lot quicker reacting. Although if playout were getting perfect pictures from Swansea, why did they let the OB think the issue was weather related loss of the circuit from the ground to playout?

Perhaps the OB team were looking at the broadcast and made an assumption.

Given the weather I think they would have assumed it was an issue on their reception rather than their output.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Transmission - 14-02-2024

(13-02-2024, 10:32 PM)dvboy Wrote:  They have switched it over to Sky Sports Arena where it is fine, so seems to be a fault specific to Sky Sports Action (different transponders?)
Should have left it scheduled where it was!

Had the issue on Sky Stream as well so it wasn't a satellite problem. An odd one. If I really had to hazard a guess, it looked go me like the sort of breakup you can get when something's gone wrong in an IP part of a playout chain rather than SDI, I've no idea of Sky's setup these days but I'm sure it would've been downstream of playout anyway as they would have been able to take action quickly if it was with them.

I would've thought somewhere in distribution they would have had a reserve path to throw to which you'd assume would be would be OK, but who knows. I find quite often when you see something and think "why didn't they just do this..." when you find out the full story there's normally a good explanation.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - thegeek - 14-02-2024

In the screengrab on the previous page, the graphics are fine, and it's just the match that's breaking up - which makes it really strange that it would be fine on one channel and not another.