Pres Café
The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (/showthread.php?tid=97)

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - RhysJR - 23-03-2024

No surprise that despite a new sponsor in Guinness, the Women's Six Nations graphics remain the same. Like the men's, the word Greatness replaces Guinness in the logo in France.

Surprised a bit that BBC NI didn't do their own coverage; but the world feed was onsite, which may not neccessarily been the case if they did have their own commentary.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - TMD_24 - 23-03-2024

Quite a significant story in the world of boxing as Queensbery Productions are in talks with DAZN about getting international rights to their boxing catalogue.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/12482521-059d-4ae1-ad42-5d05264a2062?shareToken=7cf07d96511952765b612597f70a1d39 

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - RhysJR - 23-03-2024

Channel 4 airing England v. Brazil without a DOG on Channel 4 streaming at least. Also using a bespoke endcard going in and out of breaks that says 'ENGLAND BRAZIL INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY' the standard version has now words.

Like the reverse fixture in the Autumn, TF1/the rest of the world and ZDF are broadcasting the France v. Germany friendly with the main camera on opposite sides of the pitch to each other.

Purely on not seeing the tunnel entrance last week for the rugby at the same stadium, ZDF are on the 'other' side of the pitch.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Brekkie - 23-03-2024

(23-03-2024, 09:18 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Channel 4 airing England v. Brazil without a DOG on Channel 4 streaming at least. Also using a bespoke endcard going in and out of breaks that says 'ENGLAND BRAZIL INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY' the standard version has now words.
That really does look so cheap - thought the broadcast had crashed when I first saw it.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Brekkie - 23-03-2024

First time I've really watched the C4 match coverage since they got the rights but finding Jules Breach quite poor compared to her contemporaries.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - thegeek - 24-03-2024

just looking ahead at next Saturday's schedules - BBC One Scotland are foregoing the Boat Race in favour of Scotland v France in the Women's Six Nations. England v Wales is going out later on BBC Two network.

Tacit admission that nobody north of the border really cares about the Boat Race? It does feel a bit like the kind of scheduling quandry that BBC Two Scotland would have solved in the past.

It's also not really showing a commitment to parity in women's sport if some of the W6N games are only available on iPlayer in some parts of the country.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Newshound47 - 24-03-2024

(24-03-2024, 02:55 PM)thegeek Wrote:  just looking ahead at next Saturday's schedules - BBC One Scotland are foregoing the Boat Race in favour of Scotland v France in the Women's Six Nations. England v Wales is going out later on BBC Two network.

Tacit admission that nobody north of the border really cares about the Boat Race? It does feel a bit like the kind of scheduling quandry that BBC Two Scotland would have solved in the past.

It's also not really showing a commitment to parity in women's sport if some of the W6N games are only available on iPlayer in some parts of the country.

I think the Iplayer only matches are also on the red button channel.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Rdd - 24-03-2024

(23-03-2024, 09:31 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  That really does look so cheap - thought the broadcast had crashed when I first saw it.

It does bring up that the UEFA friendly intro does indeed have no “titles”, which I’ve always found really wierd. Not even a “UEFA presents” which is pretty standard on all of their intros. Not sure if the broadcaster is meant to overlay a caption but I’ve never seen it done.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Newshound47 - 24-03-2024

The BBC reporter inserts live from Italy at the Women’s Six Nations have a noticeable broadband connection feel to them. The match itself (And the Salford hosted studio coverage) doesn’t have that feel.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - dvboy - 24-03-2024

(24-03-2024, 03:02 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  I think the Iplayer only matches are also on the red button channel.

They would normally be however the red button channel has prioritised Final Score next Saturday.

Next Sunday BBC Two NI will show Ireland vs Italy over Arsenal vs Chelsea in the FA WSL Cup