Pres Café
The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (/showthread.php?tid=97)

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - DTV - 12-08-2023

(12-08-2023, 03:44 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I think ITV News did the car park look better.  Seems a very grey and depressing set.
Bunker vibes. If it was BBC News, it'd be a better metaphor.

More seriously, it's the kind of thing that might look nice as a physical set, but doesn't really work in VR form.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - hbkjohnhill - 12-08-2023

(12-08-2023, 04:38 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The music is just so nondescript too.
In case you were wondering, it’s I Want More, a hit for Can back in 1976

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Rdd - 12-08-2023

Premier Sports crash into the England v Wales game about two-thirds of the way into the Welsh national anthem, due to overrunning on the wrap of Brighton v Luton and wanting to still have their ad break afterwards.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - RhysJR - 12-08-2023

(12-08-2023, 05:55 PM)Rdd Wrote:  Premier Sports crash into the England v Wales game about two-thirds of the way into the Welsh national anthem, due to overrunning on the wrap of Brighton v Luton and wanting to still have their ad break afterwards.

They should of crashed in after the sixty minute mark - they wouldn't have missed anything  Big Grin

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - RhysJR - 12-08-2023

Amazon brielfy lost pictures from France v. Scotland ahead of kick-off. With a different set-up to other matches this year and the obvious cutbacks I'd suspect commentary is offtube for this match. Instead of the presenter being joined by the two co-commentators pitchside pre-game, Jill Douglas was joined by Yannick Nyanga in the stadium with John Barclay joining Andrew Cotter on commentary and not featuring in the build-up; there is no reporter either. Quite a change form last year, games such as France v. Japan had commentary and a reporter onsite with a studio back in the UK, and form two years ago Italy games had commentary and reporter onsite.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Brekkie - 12-08-2023

Have to wonder where Amazon didn't on sell at least some of the games if they didn't really want them. That said the stripped back approach isn't necessarily a bad thing - now the build up to games is often 45-60 minutes I generally only tune in 10 minutes before anyway.

MOTD studio just previewed ahead of the new and looks very nice - very blue with a bit of a backdrop as well. It's similar in design to Final Score but looks so much better in this colour scheme. Indeed Football Focus was very blue as well.

Still think the BBC Sport graphics look very cheap though - especially when they've given the studios a new look. Probably wishful thinking they might get refreshed again as soon as next year in time for the Olympics - probably more likely they'll hang around until the 2026 World Cup. It tends to be World Cup years when they get a new look.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Jon - 12-08-2023

The MOTD set is by far the best out of the three. I imagine that’s what they design and they try fit the other shows around it.

The set for Match of the Day feels a lot more inline with the secondary studio’s virtual set, it should be easier to make all the BBC Sport studio output look a lot more cohesive rather than having a totally different set design for the larger and smaller studios.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - Rdd - 12-08-2023

(12-08-2023, 03:02 PM)Rdd Wrote:  Panthers v Jets is also on Sky Sports and (I think) NFL Network.

Interestingly Sky and DAZN have different feeds of the game, Sky are taking WCBS coverage which basically uses the normal NFL on CBS graphics and music (with the “NFL on CBS logo” replaced with “CBS New York”) while DAZN has a feed from a local station in Charlotte (WSOC I’m led to believe) with their own graphics.

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - RhysJR - 13-08-2023

(12-08-2023, 04:33 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Very minamalist is how I would describe the new Final Score titles. 10, 15 seconds long with a vidprinter-style animation of team names zooming out to form the words final score.

Kelly Somers (and presumably Mark Clemmit) now have their own table and stool for the EFL updates. The studio does look very bland.
In a complete contrast to the Final Score titles, the new Match of the Day titles are very, very busy. It's like they used the BBC 2022 World Cup titles as the starting point and tailored it for the Premier League and the MOTD theme.

Agree with the above about the studio looking better than the Final Score equivalent. Could it possibly that each studio is a floor above the other or something, with MOTD in the penthouse? I noticed that there was another floor visible below the Final Score studio at one point (virtually).

The ITV Sport and BBC Sport virtual sets are almost like they were seperated at birth with a similar original concept in green screen studios.

The desk looks a little more claustrophobic now compared to the previous look. You can see the old set was introduced and designed during social distancing, and I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I think I prefered when the desk area had more space and was spread out.

Each person in the studio getting their own monitor (seemingly showing what's going out on air) has remained as well - not sure why this is a thing.

The MOTD studio
https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/1690474880079114240 

RE: The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own - RhysJR - 13-08-2023

Is it just me or is the 'Bookings' got a different shade of yellow compared to the other graphics?
And the ticker along the bottom went at such a pace I couldn't digest any of the info.

[Image: TVLF%20257.jpg]