Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(17-12-2022, 12:10 AM)bkman1990 Wrote:  I was watching the last bit of the Ten tonight. I didn't see the Christmas Tree in B. Is it near the main news desk?
From what I ascertained from the tweet they are dressing tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990

(17-12-2022, 12:10 AM)bkman1990 Wrote:  I was watching the last bit of the Ten tonight. I didn't see the Christmas Tree in B. Is it near the main news desk?

Propably becuase they we're put up overnight last night and went to air at 10:00 this morning for the newsroom ones-not sure when we'll see the one for Studio B.

Sunday with Laura K was cut off 5 minutes before the end on the News Channel this morning so they could hit the top of the hour

This proves it isn’t being scheduled on there as a proper service and basically just as a filler for an hour so they don’t have to make a proper News programme

(18-12-2022, 11:17 AM)Andrew Wrote:  Sunday with Laura K was cut off 5 minutes before the end on the News Channel this morning so they could hit the top of the hour

This proves it isn’t being scheduled on there as a proper service and basically just as a filler for an hour so they don’t have to make a proper News programme

To be honest, I think this is more on the Kuenssberg team than the BBC News channel team. Regardless of the merits of the simulcast, it was scheduled to end at 10:00 but, for the second week in a row, overran. And, quite frankly, this isn't really OK. News has got into a bad habit in recent years of extending programmes/overrunning at the drop of a hat. On big news days extending a bulletin might be acceptable, particularly as extending the Ten doesn't have a bit impact on wider scheduling. But on these sorts of current affairs programming it's not really warranted - if you've failed to time your interviews correctly, that's the programme makers' fault and network shouldn't be okaying the overrun. A light entertainment producer would get it in the neck if they were consistently overrunning a live programme.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, chaose, Former Member 406

(18-12-2022, 01:02 PM)DTV Wrote:  To be honest, I think this is more on the Kuenssberg team than the BBC News channel team. Regardless of the merits of the simulcast, it was scheduled to end at 10:00 but, for the second week in a row, overran. And, quite frankly, this isn't really OK.
There was nothing in the extra 5 minutes that was crucial to the programme. Just the 'talking heads' panel at the end, a long outro from LK, then a recorded carol service clip.

As a result, the BBC One schedule has been pushed back by 5 minutes until after the World Cup Final with the 17:45 bulletin pulling it back.

I actually think it was extended by 5 minutes this morning because the World Cup Final was coming on air 10 minutes earlier than billed

And then Bargain Hunt was changed from an hour to a 45 minute edition
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • UTVLifer

(18-12-2022, 01:02 PM)DTV Wrote:  
(18-12-2022, 11:17 AM)Andrew Wrote:  Sunday with Laura K was cut off 5 minutes before the end on the News Channel this morning so they could hit the top of the hour

To be honest, I think this is more on the Kuenssberg team than the BBC News channel team. Regardless of the merits of the simulcast, it was scheduled to end at 10:00 but, for the second week in a row, overran. And, quite frankly, this isn't really OK. News has got into a bad habit in recent years of extending programmes/overrunning at the drop of a hat. On big news days extending a bulletin might be acceptable, particularly as extending the Ten doesn't have a bit impact on wider scheduling. But on these sorts of current affairs programming it's not really warranted - if you've failed to time your interviews correctly, that's the programme makers' fault and network shouldn't be okaying the overrun. A light entertainment producer would get it in the neck if they were consistently overrunning a live programme.
Producers don’t just extend their programme on a whim. They’ll have been given a very specific slot. 

Blame the schedulers, not LK’s team.

(18-12-2022, 04:33 PM)chris Wrote:  
(18-12-2022, 01:02 PM)DTV Wrote:  To be honest, I think this is more on the Kuenssberg team than the BBC News channel team. Regardless of the merits of the simulcast, it was scheduled to end at 10:00 but, for the second week in a row, overran. And, quite frankly, this isn't really OK. News has got into a bad habit in recent years of extending programmes/overrunning at the drop of a hat. On big news days extending a bulletin might be acceptable, particularly as extending the Ten doesn't have a bit impact on wider scheduling. But on these sorts of current affairs programming it's not really warranted - if you've failed to time your interviews correctly, that's the programme makers' fault and network shouldn't be okaying the overrun. A light entertainment producer would get it in the neck if they were consistently overrunning a live programme.
Producers don’t just extend their programme on a whim. They’ll have been given a very specific slot. 

Well they did extend on a whim this morning as it was still scheduled to end at 10:00 right up to the last moment, so yes it is LK's team on this one.

(18-12-2022, 04:49 PM)News76 Wrote:  
(18-12-2022, 04:33 PM)chris Wrote:  Producers don’t just extend their programme on a whim. They’ll have been given a very specific slot. 

Well they did extend on a whim this morning as it was still scheduled to end at 10:00 right up to the last moment, so yes it is LK's team on this one.

I think you’re overthinking just how much power “LK’s team” has. The fact that it was longer for not much reason pretty much makes it obvious that it was a scheduling decision.
[-] The following 2 users Like all new phil's post:
  • chris, JamesWorldNews

(17-12-2022, 04:46 PM)News76 Wrote:  not sure when we'll see the one for Studio B.
Seen last night with the late news, placed on the catwalk, it isn't seen when the camera zooms in further to the curved screen.
[Image: StudioBChristmasTree2.png]
[Image: StudioBChristmasTree3.png]
[Image: StudioBChristmasTree.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Rolling News, Stuart
Thread Closed