Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Can't help but think this new setup looks a bit messy with two regions sticking off the side.
i.imgur.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

Does look a bit messy. They've already got Sportsday in there filling up one of the slots, maybe they could add just a shot of the newsroom or an animating globe to fill in the other missing slot. Maybe even just repeat one?

Interesting that this feature has made it a full six months, I remember many (including possibly myself) expecting it to be dropped within weeks. That said, some of the other changes in presentation have been largely dropped (or at least to my eye) - I haven't seen much use of the touchscreen recently, probably for the best.
[-] The following 4 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, Jayesyn, UTVLifer, watchingtv

(19-12-2022, 07:55 PM)DTV Wrote:  Does look a bit messy. They've already got Sportsday in there filling up one of the slots, maybe they could add just a shot of the newsroom or an animating globe to fill in the other missing slot. Maybe even just repeat one?

Interesting that this feature has made it a full six months, I remember many (including possibly myself) expecting it to be dropped within weeks. That said, some of the other changes in presentation have been largely dropped (or at least to my eye) - I haven't seen much use of the touchscreen recently, probably for the best.

Langham camera in the middle could work.

They could just show the 6/10 logo from the end of the opening titles in one of the spare slots

If they remove the Sportsday camera and move NWT to the empty gap, then you've got space in the middle to put whatever you want: text or similar.
i.imgur.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 4 users Like Josh's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, James, Stuart

That's quite a good idea, the gap is about right for the stripped BBC News logo.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Stuart

Is "Local BBC"/"BBC Local" a brand? Would work well in that gap if that's the case.

Taking from what London and Newsline have incorporated into the design, you could have the date displayed, I'd put it in the upper row, pushing the two boxes down.
[-] The following 4 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • bkman1990, Josh, Superman1986, UTVLifer

When was the last time there was a Christmas tree actually in the network news studio, and in a location with such prominence?

I.e not in the newsroom, or wheeled in/out for breakfast/news channel back in the TVC days

(19-12-2022, 07:55 PM)DTV Wrote:  Interesting that this feature has made it a full six months, I remember many (including possibly myself) expecting it to be dropped within weeks. That said, some of the other changes in presentation have been largely dropped (or at least to my eye).
The reason it's maintained is to allow the BBC London presenter to shuffle into position next to 'Tower B' by the desk.

However, all but Huw have ditched the walk from the desk, the Weather presenter just throws back to someone already standing by the curved screen.
Thread Closed