Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(19-12-2022, 11:44 PM)Andrew Wrote:  When was the last time there was a Christmas tree actually in the network news studio, and in a location with such prominence?

I.e not in the newsroom, or wheeled in/out for breakfast/news channel back in the TVC days

There never was a Christmas tree ever in the main news studio before 2008 - it was just the regular news set. 

The first ever sign of a Christmas tree was the digitally inserted one into the fake newsroom backdrop of the 2008-2013, followed by the first real Christmas tree seen in the then new BBC newsroom at New Broadcasting House in London from 2013 onward. 

This is not a long tradition
[-] The following 2 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406

I know this is a long shot - and I promise I won’t repeat the request - but can anyone give any indication as to when we’re expecting BBC News to rebrand?

I think spring was mentioned, but will this be closer to March, or closer to June if everything goes to plan?

I presume Studio E being ready for the joint rolling BBC News is key, or are they still working on graphics?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

Did the BBC News website just get referred to as "bbc.news.uk/news"?

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(23-12-2022, 07:15 PM)Josh Wrote:  Did the BBC News website just get referred to as "bbc.news.uk/news"?

Might just have been a slip up, though didn't the BBC make a thing of holding the .bbc top-level domain a few years ago? I thought the intention there was to move to news.bbc, sport.bbc etc.

Yes, I think I remember the.bbc used to redirect to the homepage of the website?

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(20-12-2022, 02:05 PM)Moz Wrote:  I know this is a long shot - and I promise I won’t repeat the request - but can anyone give any indication as to when we’re expecting BBC News to rebrand?

I think spring was mentioned, but will this be closer to March, or closer to June if everything goes to plan?

I presume Studio E being ready for the joint rolling BBC News is key, or are they still working on graphics?
They'll have to decamp from E first before it can be turned into a 'mini B'.

Studio D has been out of action for a while now, so I wonder whether that has been upgraded to the new style or left as back-up in the current style?

The NC/WN merger will probably slide to the right, but then again they are setting the timeframe, nobody else.

(24-12-2022, 04:31 PM)Stuart Wrote:  
(20-12-2022, 02:05 PM)Moz Wrote:  I know this is a long shot - and I promise I won’t repeat the request - but can anyone give any indication as to when we’re expecting BBC News to rebrand?

Studio D has been out of action for a while now, so I wonder whether that has been upgraded to the new style or left as back-up in the current style?

If this is the BBC London studio you are referring to, that was updated to match B slightly and is being used for lunchtime bulletins/Politics London:

twitter.com 

[-] The following 3 users Like Josh's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom, Stuart

(24-12-2022, 02:12 PM)DDTV Wrote:  
(23-12-2022, 07:15 PM)Josh Wrote:  Did the BBC News website just get referred to as "bbc.news.uk/news"?

Might just have been a slip up, though didn't the BBC make a thing of holding the .bbc top-level domain a few years ago? I thought the intention there was to move to news.bbc, sport.bbc etc.

Guess it was a mistake but would be much easier if they pointed people to bbc.news

(24-12-2022, 05:58 PM)Josh Wrote:  If this is the BBC London studio you are referring to, that was updated to match B slightly and is being used for lunchtime bulletins/Politics London:
twitter.com 

Studio D certainly is looking lovely at the minute. If some of the regions couldn't afford a full revamp a refresh similar to D's would be great.

I don't want to cause any kind of controversy but is it just me (on this forum) who cannot understand Lukwesa Burak and her style of presenting?

I know it's not me, certainly at Christmas when I'm home with family with friends.

I've never got it, never will. Her delivery is so broken I Can't bare it. And please - don't tell me to switch channel because CNN is showing original programming.
Thread Closed