Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Very nice ending to the BBC One Weekend News bulletin on Christmas Eve. Big Grin 
youtu.be 
[-] The following 7 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, Hadrien, IanJRedman, LDN, thePineapple, TJTSW

(25-12-2022, 01:16 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  I don't want to cause any kind of controversy but is it just me (on this forum) who cannot understand Lukwesa Burak and her style of presenting?

I know it's not me, certainly at Christmas when I'm home with family with friends.

I've never got it, never will. Her delivery is so broken I Can't bare it. And please - don't tell me to switch channel because CNN is showing original programming.

I've never understood her style of presenting either. For want of a better word, her delivery comes across as... awkward? I feel quite nervous watching when Lukwesa is presenting because I always expect her to stumble on every other line as if she has no idea what she's about to say next.
[-] The following 2 users Like CF1's post:
  • Newsroom, UTVLifer

(25-12-2022, 07:21 AM)Stuart Wrote:  Very nice ending to the BBC One Weekend News bulletin on Christmas Eve. Big Grin 
youtu.be 
They even managed to ensure the BBC logo was in the Reith font, which at present isn't always a guarantee.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

Matthew Amroliwala doing his first BBC One bulletin for a few years.
[-] The following 4 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, Roger Darthwell, Yorksman

When was the last time Matthew presented a BBC1 bulletin as I recall he was a regular back in the later days/years of TVC.
[-] The following 2 users Like Yorksman's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

(25-12-2022, 03:50 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  When was the last time Matthew presented a BBC1 bulletin as I recall he was a regular back in the later days/years of TVC.

It was probably just before the move to NBH. IIRC, Matthew, Riz Lateef and Tim Willcox used to present the weekend BBC1 bulletins at TVC from time to time but then stopped after the move to NBH.

Tina Daheley did the late. Good to see someone different do Christmas night than Clive, Reeta or Jane!
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(26-12-2022, 10:15 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  Tina Daheley did the late. Good to see someone different do Christmas night than Clive, Reeta or Jane!

Jane tweeted yesterday that she's off work for the entire holiday period this year, and as one of BBC News' longest serving and consistently excellent news presenters, deservedly so.

twitter.com 

Wonder why they still used the '6' titles and pres for the bulletin at 18:20? During the World Cup when it was at unusual times such as 17:30, they just used the generic titles.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Newsroom

(26-12-2022, 07:26 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Wonder why they still used the '6' titles and pres for the bulletin at 18:20? During the World Cup when it was at unusual times such as 17:30, they just used the generic titles.
I believe it's anything before 18.30 and it's the Six. That's not verbatim- an observation over the years. Pre 18:00 as per the World Cup the Six titles weren't used.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • Rolling News
Thread Closed