Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Quite a scene on the region wall tonight: Langham, Trundle, the London skyline and a rogue camera in Wales!
i.imgur.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 4 users Like Josh's post:
  • Aaron, bkman1990, Si-Co, watchingtv

I'm surprised B is being used for the bulletins tonight on Boxing Day considering Tina Daheley was in E last night.

Going by that shot, London was in D rather than B for such a short bulletin.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom

(26-12-2022, 07:43 PM)Josh Wrote:  Quite a scene on the region wall tonight: Langham, Trundle, the London skyline and a rogue camera in Wales!
i.imgur.com 

twitter.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

Maybe let's not be surprised by anything the BBC do at this point.

Nobody knows what manpower it takes to manage A,B, C, D and E. (the main news studios).

It's such a lottery. We do know that 'E' is what is preferred for network news going on what's happened this Christmas.

I don't think there is much thought to presenters tbh and long may that last! Give the UK more Hockings and Amroliwala and then some.
[-] The following 4 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, London Lite, Radio_man, UTVLifer

I also was surprised to see studio B tonight and very surprised to see the regional wall handover, especially as they don’t even do it on Sundays

I expected the bulletin to have studio E Saturday teatime vibes tonight

One note from those filler views they’ve used, they could surely use one to fill that awkward gap in that right hand column
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(26-12-2022, 10:49 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I also was surprised to see studio B tonight and very surprised to see the regional wall handover, especially as they don’t even do it on Sundays

I expected the bulletin to have studio E Saturday teatime vibes tonight

One note from those filler views they’ve used, they could surely use one to fill that awkward gap in that right hand column

They could stick it in the middle of the grid so it doesn’t stick out and vary it across the beauty/weather cams they have - that would give them at least one London, Glasgow, and Salford shot. Hopefully one also exits for Cardiff and Belfast.

Alternatively, what if they used the bulletin's numeral (e.g. a 6) in the middle? Might be slightly awkward for irregular bulletins (although they could just use the News logo), but it prevents any region doubling

Still waiting on DVB-T2! She/they.

(26-12-2022, 07:26 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Wonder why they still used the '6' titles and pres for the bulletin at 18:20? During the World Cup when it was at unusual times such as 17:30, they just used the generic titles.

(26-12-2022, 07:33 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(26-12-2022, 07:26 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Wonder why they still used the '6' titles and pres for the bulletin at 18:20? During the World Cup when it was at unusual times such as 17:30, they just used the generic titles.
I believe it's anything before 18.30 and it's the Six. That's not verbatim- an observation over the years. Pre 18:00 as per the World Cup the Six titles weren't used.
Maybe there’s not a protocol. On the day Rishi Sunak resigned as the Chancellor the Six was at 1818 but they used the generic intro.

And tonight’s Ten was at 2230 - the intro was numbered but the backdrop wasn’t. Sometimes they even use a generic package for a Six or Ten bulletin which begins at :10.

(26-12-2022, 07:43 PM)Josh Wrote:  Quite a scene on the region wall tonight: Langham, Trundle, the London skyline and a rogue camera in Wales!
i.imgur.com 

The London Skyline = "Millbank Terrorcam" as it's called on BNCS!

(27-12-2022, 10:28 AM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  The London Skyline = "Millbank Terrorcam" as it's called on BNCS!
Oh dear, that's quite a scary name to give it.  I guess the meaning, but I'm pleased it's not widely known. Confused
Thread Closed