Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Because there’s too many outlets bbc news is possibly the biggest monster to do an overhaul some of it are still using the old bbc news logo, it’s just huge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • Superman1986

(20-08-2022, 09:02 AM)harshy Wrote:  Because there’s too many outlets bbc news is possibly the biggest monster to do an overhaul some of it are still using the old bbc news logo, it’s just huge.

It’ll be interesting to see who will design it
[-] The following 2 users Like Superman1986's post:
  • harshy, Quantum+83

Martine Croxall with News at Ten tomorrow night in Studio B.

Some of the technical details revealed by the studio team are absolutely fascinating. (In response to Martine’s tweet confirming her appearance tomorrow).

Sorry having trouble embedding the tweets.

Those cameras really are clever!
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesWorldNews's post:
  • Quantum+83

You should only need to paste a link to the tweet, the forum should do the rest. If not, PM me.

twitter.com 

With cinnamon, never chocolate
[-] The following 3 users Like Cappuccino's post:
  • JamesWorldNews, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

(20-08-2022, 09:02 AM)harshy Wrote:  Because there’s too many outlets bbc news is possibly the biggest monster to do an overhaul some of it are still using the old bbc news logo, it’s just huge.

Funnily enough, the 2008 rebrand happened on April 21st. Though I hope it’s April 1st cause I can’t wait much longer

The NC has decamped to Studio A this afternoon, featuring Victoria Derbyshire and her laptop. I think they're gonna decamp every Monday afternoon from now. They've decamped last Monday too, at the same time 2-5PM block~ Probably for regular maintenance or preparing for an upgrade with Studio E...
[Image: 4f71f2321faf5e4c98f8ca5d5c27516b-png.jpg]

Come to think of it, with Studio D closing down temporarily for upgrades, it seems they're down to 1 large-scale backup studio. If C and E are down at the same time, one of them will have to use the tiny CSO setups in F, G or H or simulcast. A reminder how badly it looked when the NC decamped to F:
[Image: 8137ff35f59a20e73858e2afec964b4e.png]

(22-08-2022, 02:34 PM)ALV Wrote:  The NC has decamped to Studio A this afternoon, featuring Victoria Derbyshire and her laptop. I think they're gonna decamp every Monday afternoon from now. They've decamped last Monday too, at the same time 2-5PM block~ Probably for regular maintenance or preparing for an upgrade with Studio E...

Come to think of it, with Studio D closing down temporarily for upgrades, it seems they're down to 1 large-scale backup studio. If C and E are down at the same time, one of them will have to use the tiny CSO setups in F, G or H or simulcast. A reminder how badly it looked when the NC decamped to F:

My assumption has been that D is being prepared for the BBC News channel to decamp to while a new set is installed in E. It seems unlikely they are upgrading it for London if they are moving into B in a few months. I'm not sure of the timetable with the new Breakfast/Sport set (it's nearly three months since Sport moved out (though I do think I prefer their temporary set to their prior one!)), but I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until that is complete to begin the next step of the NBH studio shuffle - you don't want too many temporary set-ups on the go at once.

[Image: 4f71f2321faf5e4c98f8ca5d5c27516b-png.jpg]

Has the 'shadow' behind the side screen always been a part of the Studio A virtual set or is this something new? I don't recall seeing it before and it doesn't really make any sense (not only would a lighting director never allow such a shadow in a real studio, but it implies the set is being lit from below). I continue to be amazed that this set has been allowed to persist for nearly ten years and am not going to miss it for a single second when it eventually disappears. Honestly one of the worst TV news sets in the UK in a long while.

(22-08-2022, 03:08 PM)DTV Wrote:  Has the 'shadow' behind the side screen always been a part of the Studio A virtual set or is this something new? I don't recall seeing it before and it doesn't really make any sense (not only would a lighting director never allow such a shadow in a real studio, but it implies the set is being lit from below). I continue to be amazed that this set has been allowed to persist for nearly ten years and am not going to miss it for a single second when it eventually disappears. Honestly one of the worst TV news sets in the UK in a long while.

Seems like the shadows got "darkened" this week and today is their debut... the shadows were very, very faint last Monday afternoon:
[Image: 0c411ff1700f53b8f46687ed7bb34974-png.jpg]

I totally agree with how absurd the VR graphics looks in Studio A in 2022... Studio A existed before the term "Metaverse" was even invented! It's not like their in-house graphics team are incompetent, they managed to recreate a SUPER FABULOUS Studio D for Politics London (despite it's missing the OTS monitors). Why not just cut away the Politics London graphics, make it versatile and deploy it to BBC London News or the NC/WN... I guess they're just not bothered to revamp the VR studio for the generic bulletins...
[Image: StudioA%20D-style%20Set.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ALV's post:
  • James

(22-08-2022, 03:29 PM)ALV Wrote:  
(22-08-2022, 03:08 PM)DTV Wrote:  Has the 'shadow' behind the side screen always been a part of the Studio A virtual set or is this something new? I don't recall seeing it before and it doesn't really make any sense (not only would a lighting director never allow such a shadow in a real studio, but it implies the set is being lit from below). I continue to be amazed that this set has been allowed to persist for nearly ten years and am not going to miss it for a single second when it eventually disappears. Honestly one of the worst TV news sets in the UK in a long while.

Seems like the shadows got "darkened" this week and today is their debut... the shadows were very, very faint last Monday afternoon:
[Image: 0c411ff1700f53b8f46687ed7bb34974-png.jpg]

I totally agree with how absurd the VR graphics looks in Studio A in 2022... Studio A existed before the term "Metaverse" was even invented! It's not like their in-house graphics team are incompetent, they managed to recreate a SUPER FABULOUS Studio D for Politics London (despite it's missing the OTS monitors). Why not just cut away the Politics London graphics, make it versatile and deploy it to BBC London News or the NC/WN... I guess they're just not bothered to revamp the VR studio for the generic bulletins...
[Image: StudioA%20D-style%20Set.jpg]

It makes sense that Studio A is the last to get upgraded, so looking pretty rubbish is going to be the normal.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clean Feed's post:
  • IanJRedman
Thread Closed