Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(31-12-2022, 06:59 PM)Axolotl Wrote:  Noticed the late evening news is on at 9:30 tonight – a relatively rare occurrence for it to be shifted forward rather than back in the schedule.

Only in Scotland is it on at 9.30pm, everywhere else it’s 10.10pm. This is because of BBC One Scotland’s Hogmanay coverage.

(31-12-2022, 07:32 PM)Deejay Wrote:  
(31-12-2022, 06:59 PM)Axolotl Wrote:  Noticed the late evening news is on at 9:30 tonight – a relatively rare occurrence for it to be shifted forward rather than back in the schedule.

Only in Scotland is it on at 9.30pm, everywhere else it’s 10.10pm.  This is because of BBC One Scotland’s Hogmanay coverage.

A programme specifically for Scotland. Package arranged via CCA giving PresA in Glasgow Sound, Vision and Talkback from Studio E. Followed by prerecorded local weather.
[-] The following 3 users Like ScottishTVGuy's post:
  • bkman1990, Si-Co, TVFan

(31-12-2022, 10:32 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  
(31-12-2022, 07:32 PM)Deejay Wrote:  Only in Scotland is it on at 9.30pm, everywhere else it’s 10.10pm.  This is because of BBC One Scotland’s Hogmanay coverage.

A programme specifically for Scotland. Package arranged via CCA giving PresA in Glasgow Sound, Vision and Talkback from Studio E. Followed by prerecorded local weather.
That takes me back to my reading about the first decade of ITV, where the ITN News bulletin, usually only at weekends was not often networked all together at once, and so they provided two different bulletins to be placed into the schedule.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • Si-Co

It's usually on at a slightly different time in Scotland on New year's Eve despite coming from the same studio.

At least that is what has happened in the past

Scotland 2130 
Rest if UK 2210

Scotland had local weather forecast but in previous years they had Reporting Scotland as well but not this year.

Captured this clearly-not-meant-to-be-seen-on-screen moment; this BBC News Channel anchor just before the weather at about 23:26 clearly frustrated at some autocue issues!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

From what he said it seems it advanced on him while he was reading a story out ( about no fireworks in Prague ) and he had to ask them to rewind it

(31-12-2022, 08:31 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  TV is the superior news medium, instantaneous and up to date, a lot of newspaper content isn't even news.
Strong disagree here. TV news is often reactive, and newspapers are proactive. The headlines on front pages often set the agenda for the questions that are asked in morning interviews. Newspapers have the luxury of not having to worry too much about having moving pictures and live interviews — TV involves much more logistics. The fact they have a whole day gives them time to write a considered article; a VT can’t be created in an hour normally.

As an aside, I just think it’s weird that a major news channel switches to programming in Singapore from 11pm. I would get overnight — but why not go there after 1am for instance?

(31-12-2022, 10:32 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  
(31-12-2022, 07:32 PM)Deejay Wrote:  Only in Scotland is it on at 9.30pm, everywhere else it’s 10.10pm.  This is because of BBC One Scotland’s Hogmanay coverage.

Although I suspected that the 9.30 would be a bespoke bulletin for Scotland, I recorded them both to check, just in case the same bulletin was played back later. Too risky I suspect, especially as it included live crosses to Edinburgh and there’s always the danger of breaking news or something happening that renders a story out of date.

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…

(01-01-2023, 02:05 PM)Si-Co Wrote:  Although I suspected that the 9.30 would be a bespoke bulletin for Scotland, I recorded them both to check, just in case the same bulletin was played back later. Too risky I suspect, especially as it included live crosses to Edinburgh and there’s always the danger of breaking news or something happening that renders a story out of date.

Also the BBC has a strict policy of not pre-recording news bulletins (except during incidents such as power cuts when pre-recorded bulletins are indicated using fairly large graphics).

(01-01-2023, 02:05 PM)Si-Co Wrote:  
(31-12-2022, 10:32 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  A programme specifically for Scotland. Package arranged via CCA giving PresA in Glasgow Sound, Vision and Talkback from Studio E. Followed by prerecorded local weather.

Although I suspected that the 9.30 would be a bespoke bulletin for Scotland, I recorded them both to check, just in case the same bulletin was played back later. Too risky I suspect, especially as it included live crosses to Edinburgh and there’s always the danger of breaking news or something happening that renders a story out of date.

The two bulletins did appear to be different despite carrying the same stories. This is normal on New year's Eve.
Thread Closed