Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

They used the old 6 titles going into the teatime bulletin tonight, the first time they've been used since 13th June 2022.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell, Superman1986

So the News Channel really does shut up shop and close down at 6pm now doesn't it? Half hour filler programs now at 20:30, 22:30 & 23:30. 
No half past the hour headline re-caps, no Sport after 19:00.
Wouldn't it be better to just do a straight simulcast of World from 19:00 to 06:00, including Asia Business Report and Sport Today, instead of filling back half hours with endless repeats of filler programs?

I wouldn't be surprised if from this weekend the entire weekend is simulcast with World. Before Christmas the afternoons were still separate.

It's all quite sad tbh  Sad
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radio_man's post:
  • Scratch_Perry

(04-01-2023, 11:41 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  So the News Channel really does shut up shop and close down at 6pm now doesn't it? Half hour filler programs now at 20:30, 22:30 & 23:30. 
No half past the hour headline re-caps, no Sport after 19:00
All quite sad tbh.  Sad

I suppose theoretically yes and only on from 0900-1800 and not 1300-1345. Salford hosts 0600-0900 and 1330-1345 and 1730-1845. So they are actually only on for 8 hours 15 minutes a day during the week. 

Not certain how many hours at weekends if any. Breakfast from Salford stops at 1000 on Saturdays and 0900 on Sunday but relays bbc1 till 1000.

Studio E had a lot of dark screens in the newsroom area about today it didn’t look very busy either, reminded me of the last days of N8 for some reason.

(08-01-2023, 12:03 AM)harshy Wrote:  Studio E had a lot of dark screens in the newsroom area about today it didn’t look very busy either, reminded me of the last days of N8 for some reason.

A lot less duck tape, though. Plus the desk is still centred and the chairs aren't visibly stained/ripped.

For a set that has been on air for nearly ten years, it's still in remarkable shape. Studio C looks fairly good, but the poor newsroom backdrop does not do it any favours and the catwalk is clear a bit knackered - though that is the penalty for confining Heslehurst to such a small space.
[-] The following 4 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, JamesWorldNews, UTVLifer

(04-01-2023, 11:41 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  So the News Channel really does shut up shop and close down at 6pm now doesn't it? Half hour filler programs now at 20:30, 22:30 & 23:30. 
No half past the hour headline re-caps, no Sport after 19:00.
Wouldn't it be better to just do a straight simulcast of World from 19:00 to 06:00, including Asia Business Report and Sport Today, instead of filling back half hours with endless repeats of filler programs?

I wouldn't be surprised if from this weekend the entire weekend is simulcast with World. Before Christmas the afternoons were still separate.

It's all quite sad tbh  Sad

Yep, the entire weekend is now simulcast with World (bar Sportsday at 6.30pm and 7.30pm), with the BBC One bulletins no longer simulcast on the News Channel.

Very sad Sad.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scratch_Perry's post:
  • bkman1990, News76, Roger Darthwell

When are sports bulletins on the news channel other than Sportsday?

Don't think there are any but I may be wrong.

Btw Laura Keundberg no longer in BBC world.
BBC news cuts out if Laura's programme at 0959

Went to iPlayer to watch Kuenssberg from the start (I was a few minutes late). The link on the front page took me to the news channel rather than BBC One, which was fine until the annoying cut away. What a ridiculous way of doing things and, with the show on BBC One already having finished, no way to continue watching the show until it appears later.

(08-01-2023, 12:27 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Went to iPlayer to watch Kuenssberg from the start (I was a few minutes late). The link on the front page took me to the news channel rather than BBC One, which was fine until the annoying cut away. What a ridiculous way of doing things and, with the show on BBC One already having finished, no way to continue watching the show until it appears later.

That also appears to be new that there is a strict cut-off at 0959:30 but Laura's show ended 5 minutes later than it used to. Strange.
Thread Closed