Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

I note Ros Atkins now regularly appears on News at Ten as Analysis Editor with what look like pre-recorded segments.

(12-01-2023, 11:17 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  I note Ros Atkins now regularly appears on News at Ten as Analysis Editor with what look like pre-recorded segments.

He was on the Six as well and I think that was live.but cannot be sure.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jimbo2022's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

(12-01-2023, 11:29 PM)Jimbo2022 Wrote:  
(12-01-2023, 11:17 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  I note Ros Atkins now regularly appears on News at Ten as Analysis Editor with what look like pre-recorded segments.

He was on the Six as well and I think that was live.but cannot be sure.

Yes pretty sure it was live as Sophie threw to him. The Ten was a repeat of his live Six.
[-] The following 2 users Like Belmont's post:
  • bkman1990, Jimbo2022

It's no wonder that the January blues are really kicking into BBC News at this point. The morale within that place now must be at an all time low for everyone involved.

I am really going to miss Joanna Gosling and Tim Willcox not appearing on our screens for that much longer on the channel in the near future.

They have provided us with a huge abundance of talent on air while they have worked at the BBC for a very long time. I hope that wherever they go next time; it will allow them to have a great experience in working for the private sector.

Good luck to them both.
[-] The following 8 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, chrisherald, harshy, interestednovice, newsguy, Rolling News, UTVLifer

With news of all these departures, and no doubt many more to come, it wouldn't surprise me to see Huw Edwards' name pop up on the list of departures. There's been much mooted over the last year or so about Huw's future on the 10 (by his own admission too) and now that big news story has been covered, and with all the changes coming up, it would seem to me to be a good time for a bit of a network news refresh (presenter wise).

Could potentially see Fiona Bruce move away from network news too. She only really does the six on a Monday and that seems to be more infrequently these days too.
[-] The following 3 users Like Alf Stewart's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, UTVLifer

twitter.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like News76's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bkman1990, interestednovice, Rolling News, UTVLifer

This interview will not have done the News Channel any favours this morning. But I guess this is what happens when you're running a news channel on a shoestring and you're producer/editor doesn't do a basic background check on the person you've invited on to be interviewed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/13/bbc-cardiologist-aseem-malhotra-links-covid-jabs-to-heart-disease-deaths

Quote:BBC criticised for letting cardiologist ‘hijack’ interview with false Covid jab claim
Aseem Malhotra’s ‘misguided’ views linking some Covid vaccines to excess heart disease deaths should not have aired, say experts

The BBC has come under fire from scientists for interviewing a cardiologist who claimed certain Covid vaccines could be behind excess deaths from coronary artery disease.

Experts have criticised Dr Aseem Malhotra’s appearance on the corporation’s news channel on Friday, accusing him of pushing “extreme fringe” views, which are “misguided”, “dangerous” and could mislead the public.

Scientists have described the doctor as “hijacking” an interview on statins to air his views, causing BBC staff to be “alarmed and embarrassed” by their booking. Malhotra recently retweeted a video by MP Andrew Bridgen, who had the Tory whip removed on Wednesday after comparing the use of Covid vaccines to the Holocaust.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radio_man's post:
  • AJB39

That plug for Newsnight at the end of the Ten was a classic!
[-] The following 6 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, CF1, MLehon, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Is this the first time that Huw has presented from studio E since *that* day?
[-] The following 3 users Like Yorksman's post:
  • bkman1990, Rolling News, UTVLifer

(13-01-2023, 11:35 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  That plug for Newsnight at the end of the Ten was a classic!

Care to enlighten the rest of us?
[-] The following 4 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, matthew, Otis Crump
Thread Closed