Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Correction...

(17-01-2023, 05:23 PM)harshy Wrote:  BBC News viewers realising just how good BBC World News is with its branded programmes, Studio C <excepting its god-awful backdrop> looks amazing.
[-] The following 4 users Like DTV's post:
  • ALV, harshy, Jayesyn, UTVLifer

Aah that’s a shame I was looking forward to focus on Africa on bbc news, that would have been a first as well with that yellowy green themed studio C.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(17-01-2023, 06:20 PM)harshy Wrote:  Aah that’s a shame I was looking forward to focus on Africa on bbc news, that would have been a first as well with that yellowy green themed studio C.
I highly doubt they'd ever put Focus on Africa on BBC News - just very little relevance. Even in the plans for the merged channel, it is going to be a period of divergence for the UK and World. If whatever caused this issue had continued, I'd imagine they'd move Africa to a secondary studio and had Amroliwala/Brown present half-an-hour from C or had the UK go to a pre-record.
[-] The following 4 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, Radio_man, UTVLifer

I know there are plans to move FOA to Nairobi, but if a hypothetical situation occurred where BBC News (UK) did have to continue using Studio C for another hour, do they have a team there that could put a programme on air with little notice?

(17-01-2023, 08:19 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  I know there are plans to move FOA to Nairobi, but if a hypothetical situation occurred where BBC News (UK) did have to continue using Studio C for another hour, do they have a team there that could put a programme on air with little notice?
I'm not so sure if the gallery team will also move to Nairobi team (so the entire show will be directed in a dedicated gallery there like ABR) or it's just the presenter and editorial team who will be relocated... 

For the non-London programmes, including Newsday in Singapore, and WNA in Washington, even though the studios are located remotely, the programme is still being produced, directed, and outputted from Studio C's gallery. 

That implies when Newsday/WNA is on the air, Studio C cannot be used separately to produce other sort of programme, because even though the studio is empty, its control room is still being used to produce Newsday/WNA. I suspect FOA will still be produced in London, but presented remotely, just like Newsday and WNA.

---

Speaking of Newsday/WNA, is there still a "standby presenter" nowadays in Studio C that comes up whenever the links to Singapore/Washington fails? 

Before the NC's evening shift was axed, the NC evening presenter will be standing by in Studio C during Newsday, and do the BOTH headlines before WN goes into ABR (presented by the Newsday presenter) and NC goes into The Papers (presented by the NC evening presenter). 

With the NC's evening team demolished, who is taking up this role now?

I presumed with output moving to other locations overnight that a standby presenter was being dispensed with - otherwise the change makes no sense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • watchingtv

They just put the countless countdown with old bbc news logo.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell, Rolling News

(18-01-2023, 09:01 PM)harshy Wrote:  They just put the countless countdown with old bbc news logo.
What an eye you have there! Good spot!
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell

Carolyn Quinn is also leaving the BBC:

www.politico.eu 

Quote:Speaker speaks: The Lancastrian host offered a sometimes humorous, sometimes heartfelt address, in which he paid tribute to two departing hacks: Retiring BBC radio legend Carolyn Quinn and Onward-bound former FT journo Seb Payne. The speaker’s words about Quinn were particularly touching, likening her departure to “the ravens leaving the tower” and branding her one of the nicest, kindest and fairest journalists going. It was “here here” all round.

(19-01-2023, 10:26 AM)Omnipresent Wrote:  Carolyn Quinn is also leaving the BBC:

www.politico.eu 

Quote:Speaker speaks: The Lancastrian host offered a sometimes humorous, sometimes heartfelt address, in which he paid tribute to two departing hacks: Retiring BBC radio legend Carolyn Quinn and Onward-bound former FT journo Seb Payne. The speaker’s words about Quinn were particularly touching, likening her departure to “the ravens leaving the tower” and branding her one of the nicest, kindest and fairest journalists going. It was “here here” all round.

Quite an outflux of talent leaving the BBC. Quinn, Gosling and Wilcox. I'm certain they'll find employment but where?
Thread Closed