Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(26-01-2023, 01:58 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Short and sweet, as you would expect from Joanna. Best wishes to her.
Touching and very sincere. She'll be missed.
[-] The following 6 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, interestednovice, Rolling News, thomash79, UTVLifer

Amazing sign off, really going to miss her
[-] The following 4 users Like TheJarv's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, interestednovice, UTVLifer

Brilliant send off - goodbye and thank you Joanna!
[-] The following 5 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bkman1990, interestednovice, UTVLifer

A very touching sign off from Joanna and she was clearly emotional. She will be missed.

I wonder how many more of BBC News' longest serving and most experienced presenters we'll lose by April  Sad

Has Tim Willcox done his final sign off over on World yet?
[-] The following 3 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, UTVLifer

You know, it's funny; when I heard Joanna was off to pastures new I didn't feel too much about it. I like Joanna and she's at the top of her game but she's not necessarily up there are one of my favourite presenters. But, now she's gone, I'm genuinely going to miss her.

And, thinking about it, maybe that's the mark of a good journalist/news presenter. She's just been there in the background bringing us the news each day. Never making it about herself, being controversial, trivialising or over dramatising events that shape our lives.

But the mark was made! Good luck Joanna.
[-] The following 11 users Like Alf Stewart's post:
  • AJB39, all new phil, ALV, BBI45, bkman1990, interestednovice, MFTJA, Newsroom, Radio_man, Rolling News, UTVLifer

Hope someone can post a video. Joanna was a true pro who always focused on the news and story she was telling us. We got to see more of her on World in recent years and she would have fit in perfectly there from the start. Hope she appears on tv soon again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • interestednovice

(26-01-2023, 05:28 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Hope someone can post a video. Joanna was a true pro who always focused on the news and story she was telling us. We got to see more of her on World in recent years and she would have fit in perfectly there from the start. Hope she appears on tv soon again.
Here you go 

twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • bkman1990, ginnyfan, interestednovice, Jimbo2022, Stuart

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 5 users Like Dadeki's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, interestednovice, Matrix, Roger Darthwell

(26-01-2023, 05:36 PM)Dadeki Wrote:  www.bbc.co.uk 
Sigh. A sad day.
[-] The following 5 users Like Matrix's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, interestednovice, Jimbo2022, Superman1986

This is only the first of many more sad days to come......all the very best wishes to her!
[-] The following 5 users Like Roger Darthwell's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, interestednovice, Jimbo2022, UTVLifer
Thread Closed