Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Is there any studio refreshes when the brand refresh happens?

Weekend News in Studio B with 10 branding. Is this normal?

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(29-01-2023, 11:13 PM)Josh Wrote:  Weekend News in Studio B with 10 branding. Is this normal?

Yes.  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, Josh

Any indication of when BBC News will get their new titles? I do think they are overdue.

I get the sense it will be in April when the BBC News Channel and the BBC World News merge.

Also, my guess is BBC Breakfast will move to their new studio around that time as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like ConorW2000's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

(29-01-2023, 10:41 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Maybe they will have a small camera set up in the newsroom and one person on duty, always ready to tune in when the news breaks. They already have the balcony set used for Outside Source that could be used.

One person?!

Is that person going to simultaneously... 

...research the story, write scripts, contact potential guests, edit pictures/source live pictures, phone bash for updates, check with secondary sources, liaise with senior staff...

...while presenting and also... 

...operate autocue, cut cameras/VTs, talkback to con/network gallery for timings, build and arrange the technical running order, mix the sound, add on astons and tickers, do the network switching, fault find/fix/replace faulty equipment on air, tweak the lighting...

Also, is this their sole job? So when there's no UK breaking news they're twiddling their thumbs in the newsroom? Or are they contributing to the main World stream content somehow, in which case who replaces then doing that work when they go to this perfectly maintained and prepared studio which has had no involvement from engineering or technical colleagues?

I guarantee now, the opts will be either for planned events only; or will be extremely basic, one presenter in a one camera self-op badly lit studio/newsroom area with very little editorial or technical support and therefore almost pointless.
[-] The following 4 users Like bbctvtechop's post:
  • bkman1990, Frances, Ian, TVFan

Clearly, I did not think only one person/presenter will do everything. I know a whole behind the scenes team is needed. I was just pointing out that the set/studio part is easily solved. They don't need a studio A,B,C or whatever the letter is, to be always ready and waiting, they can do it from the newsroom which makes it easier for the stand by presenter as well since newsroom is their office.

(30-01-2023, 12:15 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Clearly, I did not think only one person/presenter will do everything. I know a whole behind the scenes team is needed. I was just pointing out that the set/studio part is easily solved. They don't need a studio A,B,C or whatever the letter is, to be always ready and waiting,  they can do it from the newsroom which makes it easier for the stand by presenter as well since newsroom is their office.

So, answer the question. Are you expecting this ability 24/7/365?

(29-01-2023, 11:13 PM)Josh Wrote:  Weekend News in Studio B with 10 branding. Is this normal?
Yes, Sunday's Late Evening News has been in Studio B since the latter reopened in June last year. When the timing is appropriate, it also carries the 10 branding, although the bulletin is slightly shorter in size (25 min) than the normal Ten.

Yeah I hate these simulcasts why are world viewers getting Rishi Sunak mouthpiece about the NHS, the new merged channel will be useless.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, Scratch_Perry, UTVLifer

(30-01-2023, 11:56 AM)harshy Wrote:  Yeah I hate these simulcasts why are world viewers getting Rishi Sunak mouthpiece about the NHS, the new merged channel will be useless.

Or it will go the other way and us viewers in the UK will not see it at all, have not listened to Nicky Campbell's show in a while is this the sort of item that would be covered?
Thread Closed