Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(07-02-2023, 11:21 AM)chris Wrote:  Related to the reshuffle perhaps?

Most likely. Today is the kind of day that will be a test of how the new service works once it launches, with a huge global story with the earthquake but a lot going on domestically with the cabinet reshuffle and the police officer sentencing.

(07-02-2023, 12:08 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  
(07-02-2023, 11:10 AM)ALV Wrote:  Some minor tweaks this morning... The 10AM hour is not simulcast on WN today.

Maryam Moshiri (who I assume is presenting Live with Lucy Hockings today) came on air 1 hour early to do a separate WN bulletin. The back half hour is replaced with a recorded programme (The New Space Race). Not sure if this is a permanent thing, since the 10AM hour is still listed as a full hour on the WN schedule tommorow.

Annita McVeigh also stuttered a bit when opening the 10AM hour: "This is BBC News and these are the latest headlines in... the UK"

[Image: 0344c4b8b91c97f2a6092ece058da600.png]
I doubt it's a permanent schedule change before April, as the 10am simulcast is occasionally dropped when the 10am hour is expected to be dominated by a UK political story that's of little relevance to World viewers, eg. today's expected cabinet reshuffle, the ongoing strikes, or a political speech.

Of course it remains to be seen if this will mean a UK-opt on the new channel.
There is a UK cabinet shuffle going on, surely this is the reason they went their separate ways?

(07-02-2023, 12:11 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(07-02-2023, 12:08 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  I doubt it's a permanent schedule change before April, as the 10am simulcast is occasionally dropped when the 10am hour is expected to be dominated by a UK political story that's of little relevance to World viewers, eg. today's expected cabinet reshuffle, the ongoing strikes, or a political speech.

Of course it remains to be seen if this will mean a UK-opt on the new channel.
There is a UK cabinet shuffle going on, surely this is the reason they went their separate ways?
That's literally what I said  Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radio_man's post:
  • Newsroom

(07-02-2023, 12:12 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  
(07-02-2023, 12:11 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  There is a UK cabinet shuffle going on, surely this is the reason they went their separate ways?
That's literally what I said  Wink
Oh dear, my standards are slipping.  Confused  I totally missed that. Apologies.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • Radio_man

I feel like this can be posted here:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Lyric's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, bkman1990, nareik91

(07-02-2023, 08:49 PM)Lyric Wrote:  I feel like this can be posted here:

twitter.com 

Why are they doing it in bits!?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 3 users Like Moz's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, bkman1990, Rolling News

Hey guys, I hope I’m not asking this on the wrong thread. But do we know who’s designing the brand refresh in April?

(07-02-2023, 08:49 PM)Lyric Wrote:  I feel like this can be posted here:

twitter.com 

Dear BBC,

Would it not be too much to ask you to update the all of 2 BBC Weather slides/caps where the old Gill logo is still appearing? This on BBC News outlets, which have been using the new logo for nearly a year.

Yours Sincerely,

Virtually every member of Pres Cafe.
[-] The following 13 users Like Worzel's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, bkman1990, harshy, IanJRedman, James, Kojak, Moz, Newsroom, Rolling News, Superman1986, Telefunken, thePineapple, UTVLifer

An old countdown with the previous logo accidentally went out just before 11am. It's funny how quickly I've got used to the new logo, the old one looks strange when it appears when you're not expecting it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Transmission's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell

I did like Shaun Ley saying if you want to watch the 1 o'clock news, retune your TV set to BBC1.
[-] The following 4 users Like Yorksman's post:
  • bkman1990, ginnyfan, Superman1986, TVFan
Thread Closed