Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(09-02-2023, 11:45 AM)Moz Wrote:  Interesting to see this Reith Serif BBC News logo - I know it’s probably used as a laugh at an internal event, but it does show that this was being thought of? Or have they just used a mock of one of this forum’s predecessors!?

I think they’ve used this for a few years now. 

Spotted a countdown at 11am today with the old logo…
[-] The following 3 users Like all new phil's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay, Roger Darthwell

(09-02-2023, 12:23 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(09-02-2023, 11:45 AM)Moz Wrote:  Interesting to see this Reith Serif BBC News logo - I know it’s probably used as a laugh at an internal event, but it does show that this was being thought of? Or have they just used a mock of one of this forum’s predecessors!?

I think they’ve used this for a few years now. 

All of the countdowns that I've seen since yesterday have been with the old logo.
[-] The following 2 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell

(09-02-2023, 02:27 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  
(09-02-2023, 12:23 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I think they’ve used this for a few years now. 

All of the countdowns that I've seen since yesterday have been with the old logo.
I think that it's a tribute to the channel's history given it's closure 2 months from now, or maybe the people running the channel just don't give a damn about it anymore given that the channel will be closed soon...........

(09-02-2023, 05:16 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  
(09-02-2023, 02:27 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  All of the countdowns that I've seen since yesterday have been with the old logo.
I think that it's a tribute to the channel's history given it's closure 2 months from now, or maybe the people running the channel just don't give a damn about it anymore given that the channel will be closed soon...........
Same thing today. Old countdowns in use and when not - the filler countdown.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:

It seems Studio A is currently down for maintenance... This week's Outside Source has been presented from Studio C rather than from the balcony. Last week's Newswatch is also presented from a clip studio

Is the balcony camera only controllable from Studio A's gallery? Studio E used to have access to the balcony cameras too for the weather segments... Can't they do the same thing for Studio C's gallery?
[-] The following 2 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(09-02-2023, 05:21 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(09-02-2023, 05:16 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  I think that it's a tribute to the channel's history given it's closure 2 months from now, or maybe the people running the channel just don't give a damn about it anymore given that the channel will be closed soon...........
Same thing today. Old countdowns in use and when not - the filler countdown.

Perhaps the new countdowns are closed for refurbishment, so they're having to use the old ones?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(09-02-2023, 05:44 PM)Moz Wrote:  
(09-02-2023, 05:21 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Same thing today. Old countdowns in use and when not - the filler countdown.

Perhaps the new countdowns are closed for refurbishment, so they're having to use the old ones?
I think there are so many people in the other countdowns that have left, lost their jobs etc that it's probably impossible to use them.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:

(09-02-2023, 05:44 PM)Moz Wrote:  
(09-02-2023, 05:21 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Same thing today. Old countdowns in use and when not - the filler countdown.

Or everyone in the new countdown has been given the boot
[-] The following 7 users Like Chud's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, DeMarkay, Jayesyn, Matrix, Roger Darthwell, Spencer

(09-02-2023, 05:24 PM)ALV Wrote:  It seems Studio A is currently down for maintenance... This week's Outside Source has been presented from Studio C rather than from the balcony. Last week's Newswatch is also presented from a clip studio

Is the balcony camera only controllable from Studio A's gallery? Studio E used to have access to the balcony cameras too for the weather segments... Can't they do the same thing for Studio C's gallery?

I thought E had access to the Trundle cam but the weather camera was just an outside source from the weather balcony which is studio itself as that studio was used sometimes to provide forecasts for a region when their presenter was off.

(09-02-2023, 05:59 PM)Chud Wrote:  
(09-02-2023, 05:44 PM)Moz Wrote:  Perhaps the new countdowns are closed for refurbishment, so they're having to use the old ones?

Or everyone in the new countdown has been given the boot

Joanna Gosling featured in at least 2 of them, in a monitor shot from the old VD show era.
Thread Closed