Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(09-02-2023, 09:01 PM)Worzel Wrote:  
(09-02-2023, 05:59 PM)Chud Wrote:  Or everyone in the new countdown has been given the boot

Joanna Gosling featured in at least 2 of them, in a monitor shot from the old VD show era.

She’s also featured in the filler countdown which they’ve used for most of the afternoon.

When was the last time Mishail Hussain presented a bulletin during the week? Can't be that often since she joined the Today programme? She's on the News at Ten tonight.

Chris Cook explains why the old logo has been popping up on his Insta story - new graphics engines, new graphics?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 3 users Like Moz's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, RhysJR

Does anyone know why Focus on Africa has been coming from a different studio this week?
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • Superman1986

(10-02-2023, 06:40 PM)harshy Wrote:  Does anyone know why Focus on Africa has been coming from a different studio this week?
Not uncommon during big stories for Focus on Africa to come from elsewhere - BBC World News might be doing/need to be prepared to do extended coverage about the Turkey earthquake.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • harshy, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(10-02-2023, 06:40 PM)harshy Wrote:  Does anyone know why Focus on Africa has been coming from a different studio this week?

Where is it coming from?

(10-02-2023, 07:55 PM)Chud Wrote:  Where is it coming from?
Looks like Studio K (Correction courtesy of bbctvtechop: Studio L) in NBH to me. It’s used by other BBC International channels e.g. BBC Ukrainian and Newsnight have used it on one occasion. 

I think it used to have a view into a newsroom and was just separated by a few panels, but they converted it into a more useable space a few years ago.

Tonight's Newswatch is presented from a clip studio again but with an improved background:

[Image: c628c7f925ce48b7d04638522d2e6be8.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Newsroom

(10-02-2023, 08:54 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  
(10-02-2023, 07:55 PM)Chud Wrote:  Where is it coming from?
Looks like Studio K in NBH to me. It’s used by other BBC International channels e.g. BBC Ukrainian and Newsnight have used it on one occasion. 

I think it used to have a view into a newsroom and was just separated by a few panels, but they converted it into a more useable space a few years ago.

You're thinking of Studio L which is now basically mothballed. Studio K is on the 2nd floor and was built for the World 2020 expansion.

(10-02-2023, 09:02 PM)ALV Wrote:  Tonight's Newswatch is presented from a clip studio again but with an improved background:

[Image: c628c7f925ce48b7d04638522d2e6be8.png]
With added autocue this week.
Thread Closed