Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Congratulations to Huw!
twitter.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 6 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, lepeterrr, RhysJR, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

It looks like the balcony DTL point has moved position a little. This morning David Wallace Lockhart was reporting into BBC Breakfast with studio E directly behind him rather than the usual position where a doorway is behind.

For some random reason WN is taking Sunday with LK this morning... this time with a nice WN flipper~ Usually on WN the LK simulcasts are flipper-less~

I have no idea why, there's no significant UK breaking news this morning...
[Image: 3d7f2d2bd35c18e216fd50bcb5a29576-png.jpg]

(12-02-2023, 10:05 AM)ALV Wrote:  For some random reason WN is taking Sunday with LK this morning... this time with a nice WN flipper~ Usually on WN the LK simulcasts are flipper-less~

I have no idea why, there's no significant UK breaking news this morning...
[Image: 3d7f2d2bd35c18e216fd50bcb5a29576-png.jpg]

I think it is because Laura took interview with President Duda of Poland that is about to be shown at some point in the program, as announced yesterday. They must have thought it should suit well international viewers, although at the cost of exposing them to internal UK stories for the rest of the program.

UPD. Noticed that News Channel crashed out of the program at the top of the hour. Has the World crashed out with the same "BBC News" jingle (with BBC One being mentioned) or did it use its own? And what was the point of crashing out if the World was also showing LK, wouldn't it be neater just to delay the bulletin on both channels for a minute and finish LK properly?
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990

Considering the daily content focused on Asia, Africa and America a weekly British focused political show really shouldn't be out of place on an international BBC News Channel - indeed I'm sure the Sunday political programmes have been flagship content for the US international channels throughout their history.

Possibly it will become a regular fixture once the channels merge. It's an hour of free content, and an hour that can be repeated too (or repackaged into 30 minutes at least).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Independent

(12-02-2023, 10:23 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Considering the daily content focused on Asia, Africa and America a weekly British focused political show really shouldn't be out of place on an international BBC News Channel - indeed I'm sure the Sunday political programmes have been flagship content for the US international channels throughout their history.

Possibly it will become a regular fixture once the channels merge.  It's an hour of free content, and an hour that can be repeated too (or repackaged into 30 minutes at least).
Yeah, I don't really see the issue with simulcasting it - especially as it isn't in any peak times for any key World markets. As you say, this is the kind of UK-focussed programming that you can get away with on an international news channel and it's certainly better that the UK politics content on the BBC is their flagship political programme rather than the live coverage of a procedural debate that they somehow broadcast last autumn.
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • Brekkie, Independent

The Six and Ten will come from BBC Central Square, Cardiff tomorrow. Newsnight will come from Cardiff tonight. (Per Lucy Owen on the BBC Wales behind-the-scenes live stream)
[-] The following 4 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • bkman1990, Omnipresent, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

(12-02-2023, 10:30 AM)oscillon Wrote:  UPD. Noticed that News Channel crashed out of the program at the top of the hour. Has the World crashed out with the same "BBC News" jingle (with BBC One being mentioned) or did it use its own? 

I might be a little bit late to reply but I managed to capture the junction of both channels opting out of LK into the 10AM simulcast:
www.youtube.com 

Basically WN opted out with the into break sting at 0956 while NC stayed on until 0959. Pretty messy but I assume they just don't wanna bother to change the running orders in the automation systems...

I'm kind of fascinated by Studio B's ability to actually run a separate piece of graphic that is not aligned with the running order, into the graphics engine for the TX to World pres... The sting is obviously not inserted by presentation given the ticker is still on screen~
[-] The following 3 users Like ALV's post:
  • Ian, LargelyALurker, oscillon

Don't RedBee have the ability to generate the World ticker as they do for back half hour programmes?

What a mess. LK could do with a fixed point, say at 09.55, where Laura can pause and allow the News Channel/World to opt out and do the weather and show a few trailers before hitting the TOTH.

Something similar to what Breakfast do just shy of 9am.

Presumably LK will continue to be shown on the new news channel as a UK opt going forward so something needs to be done.
[-] The following 3 users Like Alf Stewart's post:
  • Jeff, Jimbo2022, UTVLifer
Thread Closed