Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(13-02-2023, 09:07 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Don't RedBee have the ability to generate the World ticker as they do for back half hour programmes?

WN does have the ability to have a ticker at the presentation level but I'm fairly certain the ticker above is generated by Studio B downstream. The difference is easy to tell:

Generally speaking, a presentation generated ticker (on the right) is a bit more transparent and darker than the gallery generated ticker (on the left), which is less transparent and more brighter:

[Image: b06ee05ab573b482dd2828d4dc0c9cd8.png]

The presentation level ticker also lacks the ability to show stuff like the programme bug on the right, have the WN logo move up when the lower thirds animates, or automatically remove itself when the WN DOG shows up on screen... They run on separate systems in the end.

Sometimes you'll see Red Bee accidentally cueing up the presentation level ticker over the gallery ticker during news bulletins on WN, resulting in double layer of tickers covering up each others...
[-] The following 2 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon

(12-02-2023, 10:23 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Considering the daily content focused on Asia, Africa and America a weekly British focused political show really shouldn't be out of place on an international BBC News Channel - indeed I'm sure the Sunday political programmes have been flagship content for the US international channels throughout their history.
(12-02-2023, 10:34 PM)DTV Wrote:  Yeah, I don't really see the issue with simulcasting it - especially as it isn't in any peak times for any key World markets. As you say, this is the kind of UK-focussed programming that you can get away with on an international news channel
Having UK-centric programming on weekends wouldn't be out of place. WN used to have "UK Reporters" right after a number of those 10-minute bulletins on weekends, which was just a compilation of the week's news from the UK and a lot of it was arguably not of major international interest. IIRC they discontinued "UK Reporters" just before the pandemic and "Reporters" sometime after the start. A lot documentaries and editions of Panorama that are UK-centric are also aired on weekends.
[-] The following 2 users Like Independent's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie

Did another BBC English Region start being decamped-to-meeting-room yesterday, with the temporary set previously used in Birmingham (as it's now been a week since MT was back in its main studio with its new LED set)?
[-] The following 3 users Like Former Member 406's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986, UTVLifer

Am I correct in thinking that currently there are Reporting Scotland, Look Levy and the Channel Islands sub-opt all in temporary sets (of varying degrees of temporary-ness)?
[-] The following 3 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Superman1986

BBC's office in India is searched by Income Tax authorities:
www.bbc.com 

Probably a guise of revenging on the Modi documentary.

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

(14-02-2023, 11:13 AM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Am I correct in thinking that currently there are Reporting Scotland, Look Levy and the Channel Islands sub-opt all in temporary sets (of varying degrees of temporary-ness)?

Channel Islands have got their own temporary set and Reporting Scotland are using the Nine set in pacific quay. There should be another temporary set kicking about after Midlands Today are done with it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rory N's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Superman1986

(14-02-2023, 08:37 AM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  Did another BBC English Region start being decamped-to-meeting-room yesterday, with the temporary set previously used in Birmingham (as it's now been a week since MT was back in its main studio with its new LED set)?

The availability of a temporary set doesn’t necessarily indicate the availability of technical people needed for temporary and new set building. There’ll be breaks built into any rollout schedule, there may well be a half term hiatus to accommodate annual leave etc.
[-] The following 2 users Like all new phil's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

Rebecca Jones has been presenting the first morning shift from 9AM this morning on the NC, and she's still on air right now at 11. More budget cuts and shift consolidation before the merger I guess?
[-] The following 2 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

(14-02-2023, 12:48 PM)ALV Wrote:  Rebecca Jones has been presenting the first morning shift from 9AM this morning on the NC, and she's still on air right now at 11. More budget cuts and shift consolidation before the merger I guess?
Possibly. But I have known the 2 morning shifts to be merged into one before, even back when Victoria D and Joanna G were there, Annita Mc as well.

(14-02-2023, 12:48 PM)ALV Wrote:  Rebecca Jones has been presenting the first morning shift from 9AM this morning on the NC, and she's still on air right now at 11. More budget cuts and shift consolidation before the merger I guess?
I think a more likely explanantion is that it's half term in England this week.
Thread Closed