Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Reeta presenting from Holyrood, Sophie in the studio

(15-02-2023, 07:02 PM)JLav25 Wrote:  Reeta presenting from Holyrood, Sophie in the studio

That explains why we ended up with Rebecca doing the 1 and Ben doing the 5 (who I presume was scheduled for 2-5) if Reeta was supposed to be doing the 1 and 5 today.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, Scratch_Perry

Just seen hu presenting from the massive Wales HQ when larger regions like Look East West were closed down.

(15-02-2023, 07:51 PM)John Wrote:  Just seen hu presenting from the massive Wales HQ when larger regions like Look East West were closed down.
This post needs some explaining for me..........
[-] The following 3 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • Alf Stewart, bkman1990, Superman1986

(15-02-2023, 07:13 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  
(15-02-2023, 07:02 PM)JLav25 Wrote:  Reeta presenting from Holyrood, Sophie in the studio

That explains why we ended up with Rebecca doing the 1 and Ben doing the 5  (who I presume was scheduled for 2-5) if Reeta was supposed to be doing the 1 and 5 today.
Was this Rebecca’s first main network bullet? I think she does a great job and would be on my list to be a permanent bbc one bod
[-] The following 2 users Like Chud's post:
  • bkman1990, Rolling News

They were lucky yesterday that Huw’s trip to Wales yesterday wasn’t derailed by news events

I remember his nations tour last year was invariably disrupted by major news happening somewhere else, generally politics in Westminster, so it often looked stupid. Good job Sturgeon didn’t resign yesterday for example.
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

Yes, Huw is now in Scotland for the 10 with Sophie Raworth in the studio. As above, Reeta Chakrabarti was also in Scotland for the 6.
[-] The following 2 users Like Omnipresent's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

Why on earth have the BBC sent both Reeta and Huw To Scotland? It's truly absurd, Cost cutting at its best clearly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • James

I bet Huw didn't expect to be hosting The Ten from 3 out of the 4 areas of the United Kingdom this week!-Does Northern Ireland want to throw a breaking News bone tomorrow and make it all 4!
[-] The following 1 user Likes News76's post:
  • Independent

(15-02-2023, 11:05 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Why on earth have the BBC sent both Reeta and Huw To Scotland? It's truly absurd, Cost cutting at its best clearly.

I suspect Huw was on his way back from Wales when the story broke so couldn’t make it in time for the 6. Though why Reeta couldn’t do the 10 is anyone’s guess.
Thread Closed