Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(19-02-2023, 04:24 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  I doubt very much there will be a separate breaking news presenter/ reporter sat in NBH on a Sunday afternoon, waiting to spring into action on the very slim chance their could be any breaking news on a Sunday afternoon anyway. 
(Does anyone really believe this "breaking news" reporter will actually exist outside of 9am - 6pm, Monday - Friday?)
I’d be surprised if there is ultimately one during those hours - never mind outside them. More likely it’ll end up being someone in a booth voicing over rolling footage. I reckon the whole idea will be quietly dropped after six months or a year anyway.

It appears that 4:26 pm and 5:00 pm junction were done properly, with a little pause on the NC side for the former and proper headlines returning after the latter.

Also, there has been an accidental slip at the start of the coverage when Lukwesa said "body of a woman" although it is not yet officially known whose, even in terms of gender, the body was. Lukwesa later apologized.

UPD. At 5:20 pm "other world events" at last made their way back into the bulletin.

(19-02-2023, 05:48 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  
(19-02-2023, 05:35 PM)TheJarv Wrote:  I can't bear to watch this anymore, the slow destruction of the News Channel is a painful watch

You could argue it's World viewers who have lost out this afternoon, as they are getting rolling coverage of a story that's of little interest outside of Britain, as desperately sad as the story is. 
But this afternoon has shown that at weekends, the World & NC joint simulcast service is not staffed adequately, or set up to deal with breaking & rolling news.

World viewers often seem to be the ones losing out, as whilst most global breaking news can be twisted to a UK perspective or just presented with international view (such as the news last night about Jimmy Carter's health), few UK stories outside of the political bubbles - such as the development to the ongoing story this afternoon - are of much interest to international viewers

"Now on BBC One, the teatime news... with Huw Edwards":
[Image: 9a033ef39e43ba2642b37fc69ae862b7-png.jpg]

Given the gravity of today's events, the evening national bulletin is also simulcasted on the NC... In case you're wondering, WN is in their own recorded hour~
[Image: c8977feb9a3884706374907edd998e8a.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(19-02-2023, 06:27 PM)oscillon Wrote:  It appears that 4:26 pm and 5:00 pm junction were done properly, with a little pause on the NC side for the former and proper headlines returning after the latter.

Also, there has been an accidental slip at the start of the coverage when Lukwesa said "body of a woman" although it is not yet officially known whose, even in terms of gender, the body was. Lukwesa later apologized.

UPD. At 5:20 pm "other world events" at last made their way back into the bulletin.
Also ad libbed Nicola’s body hasn’t been found, even though it’s still a missing persons case. Poor wording I thought, especially as friends and family are probably watching.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chud's post:
  • watchingtv

(19-02-2023, 06:37 PM)ALV Wrote:  "Now on BBC One, the teatime news... with Huw Edwards":
[Image: 9a033ef39e43ba2642b37fc69ae862b7-png.jpg]

Given the gravity of today's events, the evening national bulletin is also simulcasted in NC... In case you're wondering, WN is in their own recorded hour~
[Image: c8977feb9a3884706374907edd998e8a.png]
Not sure if Huw's appearance is related to the breaking news, IIRC he did both Sunday bulletins several weeks ago without specific reason. I think the logic here is "he is the 10 presenter and opts to do a 10 on Sunday, thus he also does Sunday teatime".
The simulcast, on the other hand, can be indeed attributed to the breaking news (although just several months ago it was the way things worked on weekends).

UPD. Just looked up on this very thread, Huw did a Sunday evening, including teatime bulletin from E, on 15th January, 5 weeks ago:
(15-01-2023, 06:40 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  Is this the first time that Huw has presented from studio E since *that* day?

UPD2. It appears that the 5pm hour had an opt-out for World slighly later than usual, at :27+, or at least Lukwesa behaved so.

UPD3. At 6pm, as Samantha Simmonds took over, Nicola Bulley development is no longer the top story on the BBC (World) News, giving way to Turkey-Siria earthquake.

Yes I’m not sure Huw is there because of the breaking news, probably a knock on effect of it being the end of half term and all the messing about last week due to the planned and not planned tour of the nations. He seems to do Sundays every few months now.

There was one mistake in the evening news - 'Pictures from Sky Sports' - it was BT Sport  - or more precisely the host broadcaster was Spark Sport.

Woops!

(Btw why do HOST broadcasters never get credited? EG for the Olympics it is always actually OBS and NOT the BBC - etc etc?) Thanks

(19-02-2023, 08:43 PM)Jimbo2022 Wrote:  There was one mistake in the evening news - 'Pictures from Sky Sports' - it was BT Sport  - or more precisely the host broadcaster was Spark Sport.

Woops!

(Btw why do HOST broadcasters never get credited? EG for the Olympics it is always actually OBS and NOT the BBC - etc etc?) Thanks

They're crediting whoever had the broadcast rights for that footage - not literally the company that filmed it.

(19-02-2023, 08:50 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  
(19-02-2023, 08:43 PM)Jimbo2022 Wrote:  There was one mistake in the evening news - 'Pictures from Sky Sports' - it was BT Sport  - or more precisely the host broadcaster was Spark Sport.

Woops!

They're crediting whoever had the broadcast rights for that footage - not literally the company that filmed it.

That's what I thought but you would think the host broadcasters would be credited too  Thanks
Thread Closed