Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(06-09-2022, 07:11 PM)DTV Wrote:  Weird to switch to that backdrop considering that they now have a good quality backdrop that broadly replicates the backdrop in Studio E and which is from a realistic angle.

I don’t think logical design rationale is a thing at the bbc, I think however that background in studio b must be custom and it’s on its system whilst this one from a height seems to be available to both news channel and world maybe? If they get the right lighting and chromakeying right it might still work.

(06-09-2022, 08:18 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  I reckon it’ll be the ‘pokey little studio’ where the News Channel will go when it needs to break away from the new channel.
I’m not too sure. I’d say it’ll be upgraded rather than being refurbished so it’s capable of handling a 24 hour channel while E and then C are being refurbished. 

After London have moved into B and the two news channels have moved, it'll probably go the N9 route and be mothballed, but used as a backup studio.

(07-09-2022, 10:41 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  
(06-09-2022, 08:18 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  I reckon it’ll be the ‘pokey little studio’ where the News Channel will go when it needs to break away from the new channel.
I’m not too sure. I’d say it’ll be upgraded rather than being refurbished so it’s capable of handling a 24 hour channel while E and then C are being refurbished. 

After London have moved into B and the two news channels have moved, it'll probably go the N9 route and be mothballed, but used as a backup studio.

Do we think London will use B for all bulletins or only after the Six and Ten and use another studio maybe for example F for Breakfast, Saturday and Sunday early evening?

(08-09-2022, 06:27 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  
(07-09-2022, 10:41 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  

Do we think London will use B for all bulletins or only after the Six and Ten and use another studio maybe for example F for Breakfast, Saturday and Sunday early evening?

I expect that London will (go back?) to using a CSO cupboard for Breakfast bulletins, though lunchtime and weekends really depends on what is happening with the rest of their plans.

With regard to D, my suspicion has been that it is being prepped for a studio shuffle - I expect that NC will move to D soon, allowing E to be refurbed for the new channel. Judging by the length of time London have been out, it seems like it's quite a big upgrade so imagine that D would remain as a back-up studio, as well as a second studio for the new channel (which they would need at least for Focus on Africa if that is to continue alongside no permanent opts in that slot). I actually suspect that C is most likely to get mothballed of all the studios.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DTV's post:
  • Jayesyn

Seeing the lower thirds being used on BBC Breakfast over the last two days makes me wonder if the refresh in the spring will see lower thirds becoming a permanent fixture on Breakfast.

(10-09-2022, 09:25 AM)CF1 Wrote:  Seeing the lower thirds being used on BBC Breakfast over the last two days makes me wonder if the refresh in the spring will see lower thirds becoming a permanent fixture on Breakfast.

Lower thirds have been used on Breakfast when there’s breaking news for quite some time.

The flitting between the two studios over the last few days has just emphasised that, as nice as the new Studio B set is, the BBC are never going to top that backdrop in Studio E.

Is the 1300 trundle shot pre-recorded or live? It seems the hoop is fixed?
[Image: 118f48f47c005ba45e7873c9da2fb307.jpg]

(10-09-2022, 01:12 PM)ALV Wrote:  Is the 1300 trundle shot pre-recorded or live? It seems the hoop is fixed?
[Image: 118f48f47c005ba45e7873c9da2fb307.jpg]

Pre-recorded. By 1400 it was back to the live view (complete with AR hoop).

I don’t think it will ever get fixed that hoop until the whole floor gets a revamp, not sure how they go about that when it’s clearly a working live newsroom.
Thread Closed