Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Would look better if it was to the right of the BBC News logo, preferably in such a way that suggests it was in a box of roughly equal size.

Well there maybe new titles on Monday so perhaps it wasn’t worth spending too much time on it!

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moz's post:
  • Superman1986

In this era of the BBC logo being front-and-centre on everything, it’s curious that someone would choose have the RTS logo appearing several times bigger than the BBC logo on the flagship news programme’s titles.

(03-03-2023, 10:29 AM)sjhoward Wrote:  In this era of the BBC logo being front-and-centre on everything, it’s curious that someone would choose have the RTS logo appearing several times bigger than the BBC logo on the flagship news programme’s titles.

Good point. Although to be fair if the RTS logo was any smaller than the BBC logo it wouldn’t be worth having it on there Big Grin

Now confirmed by Huw Edwards himself to The Times: he is indeed staying at the BBC. 

twitter.com 
[-] The following 12 users Like LDN's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bai4943, bkman1990, CF1, ginnyfan, IanJRedman, interestednovice, oscillon, Radio_man, Rolling News, UTVLifer

So it'll be Clive Myrie doing the final, full UK only news hour on the NC at 5pm today, as he's done the news at 1pm.
I wonder if there will be anything done or said at all to mark the occasion. I know it's doubtful, as the BBC doesn't want to draw attention to the fact that anything is changing, but it would be a nice touch.
[-] The following 4 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Superman1986, UTVLifer

Well it’s not closing just evolving so I guess the answer is no, it would be nice though but I doubt it.

(03-03-2023, 03:34 PM)harshy Wrote:  Well it’s not closing just evolving so I guess the answer is no, it would be nice though but I doubt it.

Umm, it *is* closing.

Today there are two separate channels, tomorrow there’ll be just one.

So that *is* a service closing.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 3 users Like Moz's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, UTVLifer

(03-03-2023, 03:43 PM)Moz Wrote:  
(03-03-2023, 03:34 PM)harshy Wrote:  Well it’s not closing just evolving so I guess the answer is no, it would be nice though but I doubt it.

Umm, it *is* closing.

Today there are two separate channels, tomorrow there’ll be just one.

So that *is* a service closing.
Well we will find out at 5pm I guess :-)

(03-03-2023, 02:52 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  So it'll be Clive Myrie doing the final, full UK only news hour on the NC at 5pm today, as he's done the news at 1pm.
Presumably also the final edition of the BBC News at One from Studio E, which was, of course, the first programme broadcast from the studio nearly ten years ago.
[-] The following 5 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Radio_man, UTVLifer, watchingtv
Thread Closed