Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(04-03-2023, 09:32 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(04-03-2023, 11:32 AM)chris Wrote:  I don’t know how people think that monolith looks good. 

The framing leads to a huge Ken Bruce next to a tiny Rita with lots of extraneous set. They work for a standing shot, but not sitting. The desk screen should have been 16:9.

Though if we’re honest, the reason they like them is because it looks like a mobile phone, so the yoof are more likely to watch. Hydronic desk anyone?
The monolith thing seems to be something of an international trend. I think it was the Flemish channel VTM who started it, albeit out of necessity - their monolith was put in to hide a load-bearing pillar:

[Image: 2.jpg]
 Does a vertical screen count as a monolith? If so nz and Aussie have been doing it for years.

(04-03-2023, 11:59 PM)damian Wrote:  
(04-03-2023, 09:32 PM)Kojak Wrote:  The monolith thing seems to be something of an international trend. I think it was the Flemish channel VTM who started it, albeit out of necessity - their monolith was put in to hide a load-bearing pillar:

[Image: 2.jpg]
 Does a vertical screen count as a monolith? If so nz and Aussie have been doing it for years.
I think it has to be a really big vertical screen, in or near the middle of the studio. I know (one of) the screens you’re thinking of - I don’t think TVNZ’s counts as it’s at the side, next to the video wall:

[Image: fa474c373b8490f5ec08491a343c7ae2f39759b5.jpg]
(Picture from Damian - you! - on MediaSpy forums)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • interestednovice

Fair point there. Although their Sunday program uses one (not the one in the cap above) those plasmas are from 2008 I think or 2007 so they’re due to get some new ones imo! 

[-] The following 2 users Like damian's post:
  • interestednovice, Kojak

Are the folks in Studio C's gallery sleeping right now? On the NC right now the sound and picture of Click has been jittering and freezing for like 10 minutes yet no one is bothering to pull up a breakdown slide or something...

EDIT: BREAKDOWN ALERT!!! The NC is currently in BREAKDOWN mode, they just switched TX to their replay server repeating the previous hour.
[Image: 65e6e72dfb150ac3ba4e5a370801d410.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, Happy2001, interestednovice, Stuart

Not sure whether it looked like a Studio C issue or VT issue.

(05-03-2023, 05:54 PM)ALV Wrote:  Are the folks in Studio C's gallery sleeping right now? On the NC right now the sound and picture of Click has been jittering and freezing for like 10 minutes yet no one is bothering to pull up a breakdown slide or something...

EDIT: BREAKDOWN ALERT!!! The NC is currently in BREAKDOWN mode, they just switched TX to their replay server repeating the previous hour.

They were probably all on a coffee break and someone was browsing this thread and stumbled upon your post Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • ALV, bkman1990, interestednovice

The NC's TX right now is patched to their replay server with a clean feed of their previous hour, with no DOG and ticker:
[Image: e2fe3c18ec5133b5970525c533a90dec.png]
On WN Red Bee is handling pres and airing the previous hour recorded on-air. The world times on the ticker is 1 hour behind:
[Image: a15a8fb1acd2261983fd96c2644aa40d.png]
DAMM it's been a while since we witnessed a breakdown. Merry Christmas everyone!
[-] The following 5 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, interestednovice, oscillon, UTVLifer

(05-03-2023, 06:01 PM)To Rolling News Wrote:  
(05-03-2023, 05:54 PM)ALV Wrote:  Are the folks in Studio C's gallery sleeping right now? On the NC right now the sound and picture of Click has been jittering and freezing for like 10 minutes yet no one is bothering to pull up a breakdown slide or something...

They were probably all on a coffee break and someone was browsing this thread and stumbled upon your post Big Grin
They're currently reshowing the 4pm hour again, no ticker but burnt in juddery straps.
[-] The following 3 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, UTVLifer

It seems it's more of a problem with the playout server rather than with the gallery... Click has been going awol at around 16:43 with sound and picture glitching... The ticker is still fine.

At around 16:52 I think they actually switched galleries, because the ticker disappeared and the video glitched a bit. The picture keep going black intermittently... At around 16:58 they finally gave up and switched the NC TX to their replay server.

EDIT: The recorded bulletin ended. Looks like NC is now patched to a gallery again as the recorded strap disappeared with the weather forecast. They went straight to another pre-record after the trailers. No BOTH headlines on both NC and WN. Seems like things are gradually returning to normal.
[-] The following 3 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, UTVLifer

(05-03-2023, 06:06 PM)ALV Wrote:  DAMM it's been a while since we witnessed a breakdown. Merry Christmas everyone!
We had one not long ago during the overnight, specifically in the early hours of 12 January. 2AM went a little glitchy, and 3am and 4am were repeats of 2am, although no "RECORDED" sign was present on the NC feed (Twitter says it was present on the WN feed).
archive.org 

Sally Bundock who anchored 5am hour even posted on Twitter about this.
twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bakamann, bkman1990, Happy2001, interestednovice, UTVLifer
Thread Closed