Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Funny glitch during Newsday's headlines: a couple of times they used wrong lower third graphics for it.
[Image: image.png]

UPD. And... somebody lost attention in the gallery, so now we had the correct version of headlines DOG in the middle of the program getting stuck for good 20 seconds after the headlines recap ended and Karishma started telling another news piece.
[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • interestednovice

Both the 6 and 10 are coming from Glasgow tonight.
[-] The following 4 users Like ScottishTVGuy's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(07-03-2023, 04:41 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  Both the 6 and 10 are coming from Glasgow tonight.

The reason apparently being 100-th anniversary of BBC broadcasting in Scotland that was, in fact, yesterday.
Quote:The first radio service in Scotland was launched by the British Broadcasting Company on 6 March 1923.
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Superman1986

(07-03-2023, 04:46 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(07-03-2023, 04:41 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  Both the 6 and 10 are coming from Glasgow tonight.

The reason apparently being 100-th anniversary of BBC broadcasting in Scotland that was, in fact, yesterday.
Quote:The first radio service in Scotland was launched by the British Broadcasting Company on 6 March 1923.
The 6 and 10 also came from Cardiff the day after the 100th anniversary in Wales
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radio_man's post:
  • interestednovice

Sophie Raworth on the Six from Glasgow right now. I presume she’ll also do the Ten.
[-] The following 3 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Superman1986

(07-03-2023, 07:10 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Sophie Raworth on the Six from Glasgow right now. I presume she’ll also do the Ten.

Yea James, as posted hours ago? 

It does look fabulous though:
[-] The following 4 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Stuart, Superman1986

Is the monolith virtual in Glasgow?
[-] The following 4 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(07-03-2023, 07:24 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  Is the monolith virtual in Glasgow?

Yeah it’s virtual it’s too clean to be real

By far the best arrangements so far from one of these out-of-London bulletins, though it was odd to have the Reporting Scotland/The Nine set in the backdrop in a few shots - if they can share with BBC London, I don't know why they can't share other regional studios. The Pacific Quay atrium could have done with being a bit brighter, but it's a much better and more interesting space than Central Square's atrium and had the plus points of having some colour to it and not requiring incredibly unnatural shots.
[-] The following 5 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Newsroom, Superman1986, UTVLifer

I think the difference in London is they've planned this all and the teams involved have rehearsed this. To change how a nation operates for a couple of broadcasts a year is too much - especially for Scotland who have already relocated for their studio refresh. 

Personally I really like Pacific Quay and felt the darkness worked especially with the DTL with Lucy Williamson.
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • interestednovice
Thread Closed