Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(09-03-2023, 07:28 AM)GraemeT88 Wrote:  No, I can’t.

But during OS, they were definitely, and it looked conscious, doing something new with headlines within the lower third.

Is this what you're referring to? 

ibb.co 

Each story on OS introduced with a double-height headline on the lower-third (rather than the 'regular' two-line layout with the story title above, and a descriptive line below).
[-] The following 3 users Like LDN's post:
  • bkman1990, GraemeT88, interestednovice

Nice to see a proper close at the end of the late bulletin just now. Must be the first time in some years?
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Superman1986

(11-03-2023, 11:20 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Nice to see a proper close at the end of the late bulletin just now. Must be the first time in some years?

That's regular for a Saturday night (as well as Saturday and Sunday lunchtime) Smile
[-] The following 8 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, Frances, GMc, interestednovice, Jayesyn, oscillon, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(11-03-2023, 11:20 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Nice to see a proper close at the end of the late bulletin just now. Must be the first time in some years?

There is plenty of time to fill. Enjoy it
[-] The following 4 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Kojak, UTVLifer

(11-03-2023, 11:24 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  

That's regular for a Saturday night (as well as Saturday and Sunday lunchtime) Smile
Ah, right. (I don't normally watch the weekend bulletins - as you can probably tell!)
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Rolling News

(11-03-2023, 11:31 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(11-03-2023, 11:24 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  That's regular for a Saturday night (as well as Saturday and Sunday lunchtime) Smile
Ah, right. (I don't normally watch the weekend bulletins - as you can probably tell!)

I miss the days when all bulletins had a proper close to them. It’s been just over 15 years since the Six and Ten stopped doing them. And I think about 20 years since the One and early evening weekend bulletins stopped doing them? 

Am I correct?
[-] The following 4 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, interestednovice, Kojak

(11-03-2023, 11:47 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  
(11-03-2023, 11:31 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Ah, right. (I don't normally watch the weekend bulletins - as you can probably tell!)

I miss the days when all bulletins had a proper close to them. It’s been just over 15 years since the Six and Ten stopped doing them. And I think about 20 years since the One and early evening weekend bulletins stopped doing them? 

Am I correct?
Yes, I believe you are. Well done! It seemed a bit strange that the One would say goodbye and go straight into the regional news, but the Six and Ten hosts would come back, recap the headlines and say goodbye (followed by a close). You'd think it would have been consistent across all three bulletins. But what do I know...
[-] The following 6 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, PatrZDZ, Rolling News, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(11-03-2023, 11:47 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  I miss the days when all bulletins had a proper close to them. It’s been just over 15 years since the Six and Ten stopped doing them. And I think about 20 years since the One and early evening weekend bulletins stopped doing them? 

Am I correct?
You're right - the Six stopped with the headline recap and close once The One Show (and 20:00 BBC News Summary) launched in July 2007, Ten stopped with the recap and close when they moved into TC7 in February 2008 (as Newsnight needed the studio). I believe the One stopped when they ditched the cream and red set in January 2003, though am not entirely sure on that one.
[-] The following 6 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Kojak, Rolling News, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(12-03-2023, 12:06 AM)DTV Wrote:  
(11-03-2023, 11:47 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  I miss the days when all bulletins had a proper close to them. It’s been just over 15 years since the Six and Ten stopped doing them. And I think about 20 years since the One and early evening weekend bulletins stopped doing them? 

Am I correct?
You're right - the Six stopped with the headline recap and close once The One Show (and 20:00 BBC News Summary) launched in July 2007, Ten stopped with the recap and close when they moved into TC7 in February 2008 (as Newsnight needed the studio). I believe the One stopped when they ditched the cream and red set in January 2003, though am not entirely sure on that one.

I think it might have been slightly later than that when the One ditched the closing music. I think it happened in early summer 2003. I've got one old recording from May 2003 featuring a proper closing on the One. But, I have another from July 2003 ending with an opt out to the regions instead.
[-] The following 4 users Like itsrobert's post:
  • DTV, Frances, interestednovice, Superman1986

(11-03-2023, 11:31 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(11-03-2023, 11:24 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  That's regular for a Saturday night (as well as Saturday and Sunday lunchtime) Smile

There will be a proper close if the bulletin is not followed by a regional newscast - like Saturday late, weekend lunchtime and occasional One & Six on BBC Two…
[-] The following 2 users Like Frances's post:
  • interestednovice, Kojak
Thread Closed