Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Strange that Sophie couldn’t have just read another headline (with a pregnant pause to allow nations to opt out) rather than that strange Ben Brown headline
[-] The following 5 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, GMc, James, Spencer, UTVLifer

(15-03-2023, 07:08 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Strange that Sophie couldn’t have just read another headline (with a pregnant pause to allow nations to opt out) rather than that strange Ben Brown headline

That would confuse those regions opting. Especially if they are not the regular team in control. Keep it as it is.

Wonderful touch to follow the national news with a trailer saying ‘recently, a few things have been going missing from the BBC’ this evening.
[-] The following 12 users Like Joe's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay, Jeff, London Lite, matthieu1221, PatrZDZ, SlimyTrain, Spencer, Steve in Pudsey, Superman1986, thePineapple, UTVLifer

East Midlands have put out a programme. Appears to be a bit of a patchwork programme though, Navtej Johal's report from the Junior Docor's Strike has just been shown (originally shown yesterday on the News at One/Six)
[-] The following 4 users Like JLav25's post:
  • bkman1990, Steve in Pudsey, Superman1986, UTVLifer

It's peculiar that Spotlight is on air but that Channel Islands is taking the Garden Rescue repeat

None of the Look Norths are on air
[-] The following 3 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • bkman1990, London Lite, Superman1986

(15-03-2023, 07:43 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  It's peculiar that Spotlight is on air but that Channel Islands is taking the Garden Rescue repeat

None of the Look Norths are on air

Presumably there's no copy from the Channel Islands which they could put on Spotlight as they're on strike, so it was better to keep them in network rather than give them the a bulletin with nothing from the Islands.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • bkman1990, Steve in Pudsey

(12-03-2023, 06:34 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  The 6 used to have a long close before they went to the regions too. This from April 2004:

www.youtube.com 

This was definitely phased out by the Barco launch in May 2006.

Crazy how I posted this, then 3 days later the Six gets a full close for the first time in years ! (Even more so for me as I'm getting East Midlands Today still).
[-] The following 5 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon, PatrZDZ, Superman1986, watchingtv

(15-03-2023, 02:51 PM)Josh Wrote:  
(15-03-2023, 02:04 PM)octothorpe Wrote:  The usual preview of the regional news at the beginning of the One's headlines instead went to Ben Brown with some standard spiel on 'staying with the news for the latest from their correspondents', even if the subtitles over that segment obviously applied to the sports preview that usually comes; what was 'coming up on the BBC News Channel' (e.g. talked about Cameron Norrie).

Yes, there's a generic one of those for BBC Sport (filmed in the old x2 BBC Sport studio, mind you). Not sure what constitutes them being played out, technical faults or the like?

I'm not sure about a general one that you speak of (presumably along the lines of 'stay with us on the News Channel for the latest sports news'), but a specific sports one ('coming up on the BBC News Channel', followed by one or two sports headlines) usually plays out if, in my experience, you watch the One, Six, or Ten via the Restart function on iPlayer. Probably if you watch it live via iPlayer too. Often the BBC London preview is shown instead.

And (for me in the NE & Cumbria region) Look North's post-Ten bulletin is no longer showing up on the iPlayer TV Guide, rather just a programme entitled "BBC News" that, if you go through to its 'programme website', is set to air in multiple regions.

(15-03-2023, 08:32 PM)octothorpe Wrote:  
(15-03-2023, 02:51 PM)Josh Wrote:  Yes, there's a generic one of those for BBC Sport (filmed in the old x2 BBC Sport studio, mind you). Not sure what constitutes them being played out, technical faults or the like?

I'm not sure about a general one that you speak of (presumably along the lines of 'stay with us on the News Channel for the latest sports news'), but a specific sports one ('coming up on the BBC News Channel', followed by one or two sports headlines) usually plays out if, in my experience, you watch the One, Six, or Ten via the Restart function on iPlayer. Probably if you watch it live via iPlayer too. Often the BBC London preview is shown instead.
This is from November 2021 so it might be slightly outdated (i.e. I don't know if they use it anymore) but it has definitely existed: youtu.be 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

Looks as though by the 2225 someone decided Nottingham should go out to Birmingham/Midlands Today rather than the Sports update.

No news content from the West Midlands at all; as to be expected amongst industrial action - however Sara Blizzard did a pan-regional weather forecast, no change to graphics (though Nottingham does have Midlands Today branded stuff for joint programmes now).
[-] The following 2 users Like Mike's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986
Thread Closed