Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(21-03-2023, 07:35 PM)ALV Wrote:  EDIT: They just crashed out of London and Sportsday is on, no apology or acknowledgement whatsoever:
[Image: 3d67ef79b9110f891eb11d02c6856c70-png.jpg]

Well, at least they did not crash INTO THE MIDDLE of ongoing Sportsday.
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Superman1986

twitter.com 

The 2008 globe ain’t going nowhere yet, or the July 2019 English Regions titles
[-] The following 5 users Like Superman1986's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, interestednovice, matthieu1221, oscillon

(21-03-2023, 11:55 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  twitter.com 

The 2008 globe ain’t going nowhere yet, or the July 2019 English Regions titles
Quote:We will see the phasing out of the red patch logo. The now familiar Chameleon-style branding will be introduced, with the BBC blocks at the top of the screen and the ‘NEWS’ brand positioned at the bottom.

Interesting, but unless they move the position of the said globe and cities, can't see it flying.

If applied "as is now", it will create an overcrowded top right quarter, with BBC logo overlaying the border of the globe and, in case of the network bulletins, a numeral dangerously close to it - and an almost void bottom left quarter, where only a few cities will apear once in a while.

@ALV did a good recreation in the neighbouring thread - just imagine a big Reith "10" on top of it!
(18-03-2023, 05:47 AM)ALV Wrote:  [Image: 4991d8dfdee126189120e23749a395b2.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • ALV, bkman1990, DanielK, interestednovice

I agree.

The only way I can see that working is to replace the title end cap with the centrally positioned globe that is used on the channel sting/ident, and potentially recolour it to have more red in it like the 2013 refreshed titles.

Other than that, it would be a very cluttered look.
[-] The following 3 users Like DanielK's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, oscillon

If it is repositioned it can work like so.
[Image: hpNNL0z.png]
Either way it's just disappointing that yet again they are delaying any replacement. They have had a long time to sort this out.

And yes, I am of the one who thinks that a complete overhaul is needed, including music. It is after all a new era of BBC News, for better or worse.

In before they find another pre-production track (as heard with Reporting Scotland) and call that the "replacement"!
[-] The following 15 users Like Renap's post:
  • AIB01WB, BBI45, bkman1990, interestednovice, James, Jeff, matthieu1221, Newsroom, Superman1986, Telefunken, thomalex, Tsigriwa, UTVLifer, W. Knight, Worzel

(22-03-2023, 05:55 AM)Renap Wrote:  If it is repositioned it can work like so.

Either way it's just disappointing that yet again they are delaying any replacement. They have had a long time to sort this out.

And yes, I am of the one who thinks that a complete overhaul is needed, including music. It is after all a new era of BBC News, for better or worse.

In before they find another pre-production track (as heard with Reporting Scotland) and call that the "replacement"!
Your idea might work for the generic bulletins...
[Image: c34e15956c1a668e5e1d61d3e05db951.png]
Not so sure about the national bulletins though... the numbers might get wayyy to close to the overscan border? And it immediately contrasts the huge void on the left... Maybe they need to find a way to put the numbers on the left instead.
[Image: 3229f2a3af49a94eecf0bb9f8b039772.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Superman1986, thevaran, W. Knight

Aren’t there different iterations of the 2008 globe? There’s nothing to suggest it won’t be the same design style but differently executed, perhaps NWT/newsround style with full globe in the middle?

Alternatively reposition as described above and just whack the bulletin numbers in between the logos centre screen
[-] The following 3 users Like news junkie's post:

(22-03-2023, 07:14 AM)ALV Wrote:  
(22-03-2023, 05:55 AM)Renap Wrote:  If it is repositioned it can work like so.

Your idea might work for the generic bulletins...
[Image: c34e15956c1a668e5e1d61d3e05db951.png]
Not so sure about the national bulletins though... the numbers might get wayyy to close to the overscan border? And it immediately contrasts the huge void on the left... Maybe they need to find a way to put the numbers on the left instead.
[Image: 3229f2a3af49a94eecf0bb9f8b039772.png]

If I were a betting man, I bet they'll largely keep the titles as they are, remove the final globe frame and bolt on the sting animation at end from 2008 (minus the BBC News box).

youtu.be 

You can just about get away with the top BBC and bottom NEWS with that.

If they do what's been suggested by the poster above, it just looks silly and doesn't work. You don't need a graphic designer to tell you that.

However, this screams BBC One initial Chameleon refresh all over again with the new logo being slapped on old idents/titles because the new package isn't ready for whatever reason! It's just so amateur and I couldn't imagine ITV or any other 'main' broadcaster doing something so bodged!
[-] The following 2 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice

(22-03-2023, 05:14 AM)DanielK Wrote:  I agree.

The only way I can see that working is to replace the title end cap with the centrally positioned globe that is used on the channel sting/ident, and potentially recolour it to have more red in it like the 2013 refreshed titles.

Other than that, it would be a very cluttered look.

I went to mock something like what you suggested the other day but never got round to it

Admin edit: mock removed. This site operates a no mocks policy.
[-] The following 3 users Like damian's post:

Pres Cafe doesn't have a mock section. I would suggest Deviant Art for that.
Thread Closed