Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

I’ve just watched the end of the 6:30 Look North Leeds and there was deliberately no mention of them being back later, they seemed to fill the time saying everything bar when they’d be back on. It was the same on Midlands Today and also on Look North Newcastle, therefore I’d say it was known there would be no late bulletin in advance

Wonder if it’s some sort of working to rule union thing where there is no agreement in place to stay late
[-] The following 6 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Steve in Pudsey, Stockland Hillman, Superman1986, UTVLifer

There is certainly an NUJ work to rule in place since the strike ended last week.
[-] The following 5 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, oscillon, RhysJR, UTVLifer

If it is indeed the case of a work to rule in place, one way they could've avoided that last night would've been to have the Nations and Regions bulletin at 10.30 as usual followed by the main BBC News at 10.40. Not ideal, but would've meant all regions appearing as usual.
[-] The following 4 users Like GMc's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, PatrZDZ, Superman1986

I don't understand why the news was scheduled late anyway. Usually The Apprentice final has been scheduled on Sunday (when the start of the news is flexible anyway). I think last time when it was also in a Thursday, it started at 8.30 instead to allow the news to still be at 10. The other option would be to out You're Fired/Hired on BBC2 at 10pm as usual. 

Im a huge Apprentice fan, but don't understand this decision. Apart from live sport, I don't think it's happened for anything else?
[-] The following 8 users Like bbctvtechop's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, interestednovice, James, LargelyALurker, Quantum+83, Steve in Pudsey, UTVLifer

If theory is correct, did certain regions screw up the rotas and didn't take the later TX time into consideration, so people downed tools at the stated time? Seems strange that only three regions were affected, but I guess shift patterns are different.

Is there any chance of merging the merger thread into the main BBC News thread. There seems to be lots of duplication/cross use and I can’t really see the point in having two threads now.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 4 users Like Moz's post:
  • bkman1990, chris, James, negredo

(24-03-2023, 11:51 AM)Moz Wrote:  Is there any chance of merging the merger thread into the main BBC News thread. There seems to be lots of duplication/cross use and I can’t really see the point in having two threads now.
Surely better to just wait until the merger, which is in only 10 days time, and launch a new 'BBC News April 2023 -' thread.
[-] The following 5 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Newsroom, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(24-03-2023, 11:51 AM)Moz Wrote:  Is there any chance of merging the merger thread into the main BBC News thread. There seems to be lots of duplication/cross use and I can’t really see the point in having two threads now.
I'd suggest two threads are still justifiable, one for the merged BBC News (channel), the other for BBC One news output (e.g. Six/Ten). I do however think it might be best for the existing threads to be closed and new ones opened once the April schedules take effect, as at over 100 pages long each the existing threads are rather big.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 3 users Like Keith's post:
  • bkman1990, ginnyfan, interestednovice

Studio C stuck with one angle tonight maybe the cameras are broke again after all those rehearsals
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice

May be it is my perception, bur it seems that BBC News started a somewhat heavier use of the sidebar explainer graphics during some live events. Previously it was used only during the big ones - like Sue Gray report, or budget statement. Now I've just seen two in a row - first about Gwyneth Paltrow trial, and now - about Biden's visit to Canada during the joint press conference (which kicked out today's Newswatch out of its usual place).
[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, UTVLifer
Thread Closed